Chapter 25 - I know I can count on you.

* Joey's POV *

Tyler ushered us in his house; his bubbly demeanor comforting after Shane's rotten one from this morning. I understood his refusal to see Sawyer but we had to grow up. This was our friend. "Sawyer is..." Tyler glanced back towards the hall that lead to his --and Sawyer's-- room, before glancing back to us. "I'll go get him.." A slight blush crept along his cheekbones as he went to go fetch Sawyer. Shane had his nose wrinkled up, a slight scowl on his face. I pouted, planting a kiss on his cheek. He acted like I wasn't even there. I knew he was going to continue being this way... Maybe I shouldn't have made him come.

Shane headed into the living room and I emitted a soft sigh; following him. I hoped this wasn't going to cause too much damage to Shane and I's relationship. Speaking of... Something seemed off. Ever since the night I lost my virginity, Our relationship has seemed to go downhill. We should be stronger, if anything. It was really weird. What if Shane didn't want to be with me anymore? I wouldn't be able to handle that. I thought after couples did "it", they were completely in love and in constant ecstasy? That is, of course, if it was meant to happen and not an "accident". But I thought Shane had wanted it.... I'd wanted it. What if I was wrong about this? What if I was wrong about us? I sat down on the couch next to Shane. After a minute of looking at him and him ignoring me, I shook my head. What was his problem?

Tyler shuffled into the room with a bashful Sawyer in tow. Sawyer was looking anywhere but us. Tyler squeezed his hand to comfort him. Now, they seemed to be in love. I felt an instant flare of jealousy. It made me sick that I felt that way but I couldn't help it. "Hey...guys." Sawyer muttered, sneaking a glance at us. Shane was looking at his lap. I rolled my eyes and shot Sawyer a small smile, "Hey. Well..." I trailed off, my brow lifting. "You gonna just stand there or come sit with us?" Tyler had been smiling the whole time but his smile got even bigger as he and Sawyer sat on the couch opposite us. My eyes met Sawyer's and I was flooded with memories, good ones, from our friendship. It was silly of me to worry about flipping out. Now I just had to get Shane talking. I nudged him. "What?" He snapped quietly, shooting me a glare. Something was definitely wrong with him....and it wasn't just Sawyer.

"Shane," I whined. "What's wrong?" I asked at the same time that Sawyer asked "Is he okay?" Shane's gaze snapped up and landed on Sawyer. This so wasn't going to end good... this was a bad idea..

* Shane's POV *

My head was throbbing in immense pain and everyone was waiting for me to say something. My sight was fuzzy and I felt sick all over. It was hard to breathe, never mind talk. But when Sawyer questioned my well-being, I suddenly found it very easy to control myself. My eyes landed on him. His expression reflected worry, terror even. How cute. Sawyer, the person who tried to murder me, scared?! How fricking cute.

"Did you just ask if I was okay?" My voice sounded blank, empty. "Hm, I don't know. Do you think I'm okay? Oh...Sorry. I'm being rude. Let's focus on you, Sawyer. Are you okay, huh? How are you doing, pal? You living it up without pain, without anxiety, without medication? Living it up without nightmares, without constant hospital trips? Because your best friend Joey is on anxiety medicine. Cool, huh? And me, you ask? Well, I have constant nightmares. Living in constant fear. It was just like what my dad used to do to me. I feel the presence of both you and him in my nightmares, Ready to strike again. Does that make you feel good? Because it makes me feel like shit, it makes me feel worthless, it makes me feel like a pussy. Oh, and let's not forget the head pains! They just showed up, but they make me feel like I'm dying. So, thank you, Sawyer. I know I can count on you." When I was done, i was out of breath. And the pregnant silence that fell over the room was louder to me than it was to them. Something was majorly wrong with me. "Shane..." someone finally spoke. I think it was Joey.

My breathing was getting heavier and the room was getting darker and darker. I turned my head turned to look at Joey, or maybe I thought I did, maybe it just drooped because the last thing I saw before passing out was my lap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make people pass out too much, lol. Sorry for the short chapter, but guys, i have a plan ;) the next couple of chapters might be short too, sorry. :/ And sorry for any mistakes, typing this on my phone again because my laptop isn't cooperating. So, yeah. :')

Thanks for Reading (2.5k Reads, holy shit!) & Voting; May the odds be ever in your favor, goooodbye! c;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------