Chapter 3 - Is this how our story ends?

* Shane's POV *

Once we got back from lunch, Tyler suggested that he and Joey do a collab since it'd been a while since they had. Joey agreed, but not before making sure it was fine with Sawyer and I. "I'm just gonna go take a nap.." I said, before heading upstairs. As soon as I reached Joey's room, I collapsed back onto the bed. We'd all eaten a lot at the restaurant Sawyer took us to, and a nap was sounding pretty damn good. I shut my eyes, Rolling over on my side to get more comfortable. But then I abruptly rolled back over onto my back, again. It felt like the mattress was uneven. Was there something wedged between the two matresses on the bed? Did Joey stick something there, only to forget about it, or was I just imagining things? 

I tried to ignore it and just try to doze off; I could ask Joey about it after my nap. But the tiny spot in the bed that was uneven was becoming more and more apparent every time I rolled over now that I noticed it. I emitted a soft groan, pushing the blanket off of me, and sitting up. I'd figure out what the problem was and then go back to sleep.. Simple problem, Simple solution, Right? Wrong.

I reached my hand between the mattresses, grappling for my source of discomfort. My fingers hit something hard and cold. What was that? Gripping it between my fingers, it felt like a book. Why would Joey hide a book under his mattress? And then forget about it? I dislodged it from where it was wedged, examining the cover. It was a deep blue book, the size of a journal. The cover was blank. I flipped it to one of the pages and read the first few sentences, "After we had packed most, if not all, of Shane's things and loaded the boxes into his car and a couple in Satsuki, we got in our cars and started driving to mine and Sawyer's apartment. About halfway there, My phone rang. It was Shane. I laughed and glanced in the rearview mirror. Yep, he was still following me. I answered anyway..."  Why was this so familiar? It sounded like he had written it down as if it was lived. Then I realized that it was a diary. How come I hadn't noticed Joey writing it? I flipped to the end of the entry to find a date scrawled at the bottom. It was dated back about two months ago... A little before the time Joey and I had gotten together. Was this a joke? Had he written the date wrong? I flipped to the first entry, instantly skipping to the back. This was dated a few days before the one I had just read. I flipped the next one. It was written a day after the first one. 

This was our story. Joey and I's. But... he had written it... before we ever got together. How?! I started reading it, a pit of dread forming in the center of my stomach. This was batshit insane. Was I crazy? Or was Joey? Was I imagining all of this? Was this a dream? It wasn't a dream... I couldn't even get to sleep because of this goddamned thing! What the hell was this? I started to get a funny feeling in the back of my throat... It felt like I was going to throw up. If he had written this before we got together... and it was all true... How did it end? 

I flipped to the last page, careful not to read anything, and went to the beginning of the last entry. "Shane died after seven days of being in the hospital."  I felt my jaw go slack, my mouth falling open. I continued to read, reading faster than I'd ever read anything before in my life. What. The. Hell. I'm dead... I only had a little longer to live.. Is this what this was implying?! I heard my thoughts whirring, my brain trying to process this information. I was going to die? And Joey decided it? 

"Joey.." I croaked out, but it wasn't loud enough for him to hear. "JOEY!" I shouted; knowing that as soon as he opened the door, he'd see me bent over his diary. I didn't even feel bad for prying. I felt robbed and decieved. He could've let me in on this! He could've told me he knew everything that was going to happen to us! He could've told me I was going to die! 

His door flew open and my head shot up; my eyes meeting Joey's emerald hues. I felt like crying, screaming, throwing up, breaking stuff, curling up in a ball and just shaking and shaking. But I was too shocked to do any of that. "D-did you... did you r-read that?" He stuttered, his forehead creasing. "Is this how our story ends?" I rasped. "I--" He started but I cut him off. "Am I going to die?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this shorty ^.^ I liked how it turned out, though.. xD THANK YOU GUYS FOR 4K READS, GOODNESS GRACIANIOUS! I'M FREAKING OUT, THAAANK YOU :D !  <3 

Check out my new Fanfiction? It's Shoey & Shisa, It's called, "Cheater, Cheater. (Shoey.)" I've already had positive feedback on it, & It'd mean a lot if more of you guys checked it out and let me know what you thought. :'3 

Anyway, Thanks for Reading & Voting; May the odds be ever in your favor, gooodbye! cx 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------