Chapter 2 - Different

* Shane's POV *

I hated this. We had left the hospital nearly an hour ago, But I was still high on morphine; desperately wishing I hadn't asked for more. Joey was downstairs, making food that I wasn't hungry for, but since I had so much morphine in my system, I didn't know what to feel. I knew what I wanted but there were so many emotions dancing inside of me, i wasn't completely capable of expressing what I did want. At the moment, I just wanted to hold Joey. Since we'd gotten together, he'd been constantly on edge. Always jittery. And if I were to tell him about something that I'd never brought up before, he'd go "I know"; instantly ending the conversation. I didn't know what was up. But on the drive back from the hospital, he seemed visibly happier. There was just a vibe of pure joy radiating from him. It was contagious. But I was in LaLa Land; too out-of-control to revel in his happiness. I hated this.

"Baby?" Joey asked in a quiet tone, before pushing our bedroom door open all the way. He had a plate full of food in his hands and I groaned internally. "Whatever you don't eat, I'm sure that Sawler will." He must've sensed my agitation. Oh, yeah, Sawyer had come back for Tyler while I was in the hospital and they decided to move in here with Joey and I because this apartment was bigger than Tyler's. It was now known as the "Shoey & Sawler Sorority" to all of our friends. I didn't even mind the gay pun. I wanted to pitch the idea of Joey and I living on our own but it was kind of nice being with all of our friends. I liked us all being together. I liked being a factor in the Sorority. It didn't even matter if it was stupid, but I felt like I belonged to something special. Plus, I was just glad everything was good between Joey, Sawyer, and I.

I nodded and Joey sat on the edge of the bed; setting the plate on my lower chest. "Smells great." I muttered as Joey handed me the fork from the plate. Thank God he didn't offer to feed me. I examined the contents on the plate and I was suddenly wishing I was hungry. Eggs, bacon, home fries, and a biscuit. It smelled so good! Maybe it wouldn't hurt anything..if I ate just a little... But first. I set the fork on the plate and slid the plate onto the desk by our bed. Joey gave me a questioning glance but didn't ask. Sitting up without trying to hurt myself was an issue because I typically got a head rush when I sat up, hindering me from seeing for a minute or two, but this time was no problem. Joey arched a brow but didn't have time to question me because i pressed my lips to his. It had been nearly a week since we kissed and I missed the feeling of his lips in mine. He was hesitant to kiss me back, but after a minute, he must've gotten lost in it because he was the one to deepen the kiss. "What... if... I .. hurt ... you.. ?" Joey muttered between kisses as we gasped for breath but instantly crashed our lips back together. I shrugged, even if he didn't realize I had, he should know I didn't care by the rate our kissing was going. He was the one to trail his tongue across my lower lip; begging for entrance; that I wasn't so easily allowing. He moaned in frustration; tangling his hands in my hair. I could tell he was trying to be gentle so he didn't graze the sore spot on my head but it didn't matter; I could hardly notice the injury anymore myself. I smirked against his lips as I finally allowed entrance and he instinctively took advantage of it. I moaned low in my throat as his tongue wrestled with mine in a fight for dominance, which he happened to lose.

Sadly, the door creaked open. "Hey guys, I was gonna see if Shane was awake--Oh, hey guys! I'll just... leave..?"Joey and I shot apart; gasping for breath, to see a bashful Sawyer in the doorway. "No.. it's--fine." Joey said in between catching his breath. "We... were just about to, um, stop anyway." Joey muttered as he emitted an awkward chuckle. "Oh, well I was gonna make plans for all of us to go to lunch.. in an hour or so...?" Sawyer asked, lifting his eyebrow. I nodded, it'd be fun to go out and do something. I'd been in a bed for a week. I wanted to walk around and get food that's actually considered edible and not from a hospital's "Nutrition Center". "If you're feeling up to it...Sure." Joey sent me a sideways glance and I nodded again.

Sawyer left and Joey helped me stand up off the bed. "We can save the food I made and let Tyler snack on it...he'll be into it right after we get back from lunch." Joey joked with a wink and I laughed. The good thing about us four is we all joked around with each other. Whether it was Tyler with his eating habits, Joey with his or with his obsession with mine craft and anime, Sawyer being too "muscly" to be gay, and me claiming to be straight for years; It was always something. There were a few boundaries to not be crossed-- Tyler with his obsessions, Joey's learning disability, Sawyer dating so many girls, My eating habits and refusal to drink-- But they never came up, and I was glad. The only problem was us constantly walking in on each other, like just now. Joey was telling me a story when I was in the hospital, of how he'd gone home to shower and he walked in on Sawler taking a shower. He was embarrassed, even though they said it was okay. I found it funny but I didn't laugh; I knew it had bothered Joey. Joey had also walked in on things getting pretty "hot and heavy", was his use of words, between Tyler and Sawyer on the couch when he went home to get a change of clothes. It was an internal struggle to be horny in this house.

After we got dressed, Joey led me downstairs like I was a toddler just learning how to walk, but I didn't mind. And believe it or not, Tyler was snacking on doritos in the kitchen. But all we did was laugh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the boring chapter ._. But there's gotta be a few boring ones. They all can't be dramatic, or exciting. Regardless, I hope you guys liked it. :3 And sorry for any mistakes; Typing this on mah phone ._.

So, this chapter is dedicated to @shoeyssuperluv , as I'm sure you saw. And If you didn't, you should really look her up & Read her story, "This Is Our Story (Shoey Fanfic)", because I'm obsessed with it and she deserves more readers for sure. And I'm sure if you give it a chance, you'll become obsessed too. :') So check her out along with @IamTheAdorkable1. She has a new story up - "Sounds of Shoey" which I happen to adore & I know you guys will too, if you read it. Its a Songfic, which is really really cool. :")

Anyway, Thanks for Reading (Almost 4k! :D) & Voting; May the odds be ever in your favor, gooodbye! cx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------