Nervous Around You (steve rogers)

You sit there at the computer with your fingers rapidly hitting the keyboard and your eyes glued on the screen. A pair of headphones was on your head and a little mic hanging in front of your mouth, you were inside of a van in the back, helping the avengers with their mission. Steve presses against his earpiece and calls you in, you click on the button and his voice comes into your headphones.

''Y/N. We're here, what do we do now?'' Steve asks, heavily breathing from fighting all of the bad guys.

''Captain, you need to put in the code, you should have it in your suit.'' You reply, fixing the mic, hoping he heard.

You hear some shuffling, and than a big sigh from his mouth.

''It's not here Y/N.'' Steve frowns.

''Fine, one second, let me hack into the door, maybe I can crack the code.'' You explain, getting to the hacking.

''Thanks Y/N. We're so lucky to have you on this team.'' Steve says.

You could feel your face heat up and you didn't even realize you were blushing. But you continued to focus on the mission, as you read over the hacking things. You finally cracked the code, you called Steve back in and told him the code, he puts it in and it opens. Steve sees the family in there, scared and shivering from what just happened. Steve walks up to them and puts his hand out.

''It's okay, you all are going to be okay, don't worry.'' Steve smiles.

You smile as you hear the other voices starting to talk. Steve helps them all up and some couldn't walk so he carried them out. As they got out of the building, he talked to them for a while and they thanked them for their kind deed. The Avengers than departed and they all started to come back to the van. Mission complete. You take your headphones off and go in the front, climbing into the drivers seat, the avengers came into the van and got buckled up. Steve sat in the front with you, he tried to talk to you, but you couldn't speak to him.

It was so easy for you to talk to him on a mission, but once the mission's over and it's just normal you and him, you were a stammering mess. 

''Y/N, why won't you reply?'' Steve asks, fidling with his fingers.

He looked as nervous as you were feeling.

''I can't talk now Captain. I'm driving.'' You made up.

Steve accepted your response and looked out the window, staying quiet the rest of the way home. When you finally reached the tower, you got out and they all started to cheer as they entered. You were the last one to get out and you shut the door, you see as they all screamed with joy and went into the tower. You chuckled and shook your head, you were on a team with a bunch of dorks. But you loved those dorks. Mostly Steve. As you climb in the back to get your laptop, you climb, suddenly stepping on someones foot and panicking, dropping your laptop. You gasped as you saw someone caught it, you look up and saw that it was Steve.

''I'm so sorry I stepped on your foot!'' You squeaked, hoping you didn't hurt him.

''That didn't even hurt that bad, don't worry about it Y/N.'' Steve smiles, handing you your laptop.

You retrieve and nod your head, hoping he got the message of thank you. You couldn't say thank you or else he'd try to start a conversation and you would probably be stuttering. As you continue your way inside, Steve stayed with you and walked beside you. When you got to the doors he rushed ahead and held the doors open for you, you smiled at him as you passed by. When you got inside, you saw that everyone was in the kitchen. Steve rushes into the kitchen and when you arrive you see everyone chatting it up, you sigh and put the laptop on the counter. You didn't really interact with the team when you weren't on missions, you were kind of shy around them. Right when you were about to leave, Steve calls your name, making you turn around.

''So the team and I were wondering if we should have a pizza party tonight,'' Steve smiles, coming towards you.

''Yeah?'' You say, lifting an eyebrow.

''Would you like to join?'' Steve asks.

''I'm not really part of the team though.'' You look down, blushing.

''Are you kidding me? If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have completed the mission.'' Bucky says, adding himself to the conversation.

Everyone starts to murmur with agreement. You start to blush and you nod your head, they all burst into cheers. They start to chant your name, making you blush even harder. You didn't really get much recognition, and it was making you feel nice. 

''Pizza parties tonight, hope to see you down here.'' Steve winks.

''That's an order.'' Bucky smiles.

You nod your head and head upstairs, still blushing from the scene that just happened. You just actually got invited to something for a while, and with Steve. When the party finally came, you played games with the team, and it felt like you got really close to them. You were coming out a little more than usual, and Steve really enjoyed that. It was all fun and games, but than it was time to play truth or dare. As you got into a circle, you sat in between Clint and Bruce. Steve was across from you and he was staring at you. It was Wanda's turn to start.

''Y/N. Truth or dare.'' Everyone's eyeballs look at you.

''Um.. Dare?'' You wanted to do something fun.

''Oh! Oh! Okay! I dare you to kiss Steve.'' Wanda smiles.

The whole circle bursts into 'ooohhhs' Your eyes went wide and you look at Steve, he was blushing harder than you have ever blushed. The whole circle starts to chant kiss after a while, Steve stands up and so do you. You go into the middle of the circle and get really close, you couldn't believe this was happening.

''You know, she only did this because I have a crush on you.'' Steve whispers.

Before you responded, Bucky pushed Steve and his lips fell right onto yours. You were caught by surprise but you continued to accept it. You two started to kiss and you really enjoyed it. After the kiss they all started to cheer.

''You really like me?'' You ask, biting your lip.

''Of course, I always have!'' Steve smiles.

''I like you to.'' You blush.

''Wonderful.'' Steve smiles.

He pulls you into one more kiss and the whole circle groans.

''That's enough!'' Natasha shouts.

You two pull apart, laughing afterwards. You couldn't believe that he actually liked you back, your life was wonderful.

~

Feedback would be amazing :)

Don't forget to vote. x