Find The Spider (peter parker)

You entered your bedroom and placed the cage on your bed. The cage held a tarantula inside. It was the school pet, you never really knew why the school pet was a tarantula, but you didn't care at the same time. All you knew is if you took care of the tarantula for a week, you would get extra credit in Chemistry, and you really needed that extra credit. As much as you hated spiders, your friend Peter Parker hated them ten times as much as you did.

 You stared at the tarantula as it harmlessly walked around its cage. Tarantula's didn't scare you that much, but if it was climbing on you, you wouldn't hesitate to swipe it off.

''Alright buddy, I'm going to go take a shower now,'' you say, lightly tapping his cage. ''now don't you go anywhere, alright? Alright.''

 You stand up and head out the door, leaving the door wide open. You didn't know it right than, but leaving that door open was a terrible mistake.

 You swiftly slide your shirt on and stare at yourself through the fogged up mirror. You give yourself a small smile and then turn towards the door, opening it and exiting the bathroom. You head to your bedroom, seeing that the door was still open. You had totally forgotten that you didn't close the door before you took a shower, but you didn't see any problem. You enter your bedroom, seeing that your cage was still placed upon your bed.

 But as you got closer, you began to notice something.. Your pet spider wasn't in there any longer. You couldn't believe your eyes until you made it right in front of the cage, seeing that your spider really was gone.

''Crap.'' you gulp dryly, your heart pounding a thousand times faster.

 You immediately fall to your knees and you begin to search frantically underneath your bed and all around the ground.

''How the hell did it get out of the cage?!'' you say aloud, climbing back to your feet.

 You ran your hands through your hair in frustration and turned around. You stared outside of your bedroom and thought of all the places possible that it could've wandered off too. But your thoughts got interrupted as your name got called from downstairs.

''It's time for dinner!'' bucky screamed, his voice echoing throughout the entire tower.

 You thought that dinnertime would be the best time to tell the team that there was a tarantula wandering around the tower. You speed out the door and fly down the stairs, hoping that the tarantula wasn't anywhere near the team. You knew that if Peter saw the tarantula, his first instinct would be to kill it. But you needed the tarantula alive, if it died or got killed, you wouldn't be getting that extra credit. When you finally arrived to the kitchen, the team was already seated at the dinner table.

 Your spot was the only spot that wasn't filled. You casually make your way to your seat and pull it out, sitting in it carelessly. You begin to fiddle with your hands, your eyes frantically looking around the table, hoping that the tarantula wouldn't just randomly appear out of nowhere.

''Are you okay (Y/N)?'' steve asks, your eyes snapping towards him as he said your name. ''you look agitated.''

 From that one question, it led everybody to look over at you in concern. Your eyes fall onto Peter who looked the most concerned out of everyone. Your mind was screaming at you to tell the team that your tarantula got loose and now was roaming around the tower. It didn't take much convincing until the words just exploded out of your mouth.

''My pet tarantula got loose and my bedroom door was wide open and now it's somewhere around this tower and I don't know where!'' you shouted quickly, hoping that it was fast enough that they wouldn't understand you.

 Unfortunately, they caught every single word that came out of your mouth.

''Um, are you talking about the tarantula that you took from school to take care of?'' bucky asks, trying to act as calm as possible.

 You bite your lip softly and give him a nod.

''WHAT?!'' peter screeched, his voice high-pitched. ''So you're saying that there's a spider wandering around this tower and you don't know where it is?!''

''That's kind of what I just said.'' you respond, shying away from everybody.

''(Y/N)!!!'' peter screamed. ''You know how I feel around spiders!''

''And that's why we're going to help (Y/N) find it.'' steve chimes in, trying to calm down peter.

''I am not helping. I'm going upstairs into my bedroom and staying there,'' peter says, scooting out from the table. ''if you find the spider, make sure to capture it before getting me.''

 Peter turns around and you about choked on your own saliva as you saw that the tarantula was crawling up Peter's back. You look at the team to tell them, but their eyes were where yours was just at, and they saw the same thing.

''Um, Peter,'' you say quietly.

''What (Y/N).'' peter snaps, turning towards you annoyed.

''The tarantula, it's–''

''Don't even say that disgusting word in front of me right now,'' peter shouted, turning back around and covering his ears. ''I'm going upstairs.''

''Peter the tarantula is on your back!'' steve hollers, immediately catching peters attention.

 Peter didn't even take a second and began to scream like a little girl, jumping up and down. He grips his shirt and rips it right off his body. He throws it at Bucky who was now shrieking like a girl as it landed right on his lap. You look at Peter who was now running off, screaming in complete disgust. You giggle at his reaction and look back over at the team who was now tossing Peter's shirt and each other, screaming at the top of their lungs.

 The tarantula suddenly falls off of the shirt right onto the table, causing everybody to loose control. Bucky fell out of his chair and scrambled to his feet, sprinting out of the room immediately. As everybody was acting like a pack of monkeys, you look at the tarantula who was now crawling towards you. You sat there patiently and put out your hand on the table. The tarantula crawls onto your hand and it felt weird, but you knew if you didn't scare it, it wouldn't do any harm to you.

 You stand up and begin to make your way back to your bedroom, hoping that it wouldn't bite you on the way. But as soon as you made it to your room, you open the cage and place it delicately back into the cage where it belonged. You let out a heavy, relieved sigh before plopping yourself onto your bed right next to the cage.

''That was crazy,'' you sigh to yourself. ''but it was awesome.''

The End