peter parker ➼ don't leave me

⚠️⚠️ ENDGAME SPOILER ⚠️⚠️

Request: Hello! Endgame messed me up, but since I love your writing and I still want to cry, I want you to write me an imagine where the reader is the best friend of Peter Parker and she is the one who takes the sacrifice instead of Tony and dies. Thanks so much!!

Warning(s): character death, angst

Word Count: 1K

 Peter was surrounded by creatures, attempting to rip the gauntlet  out of his arms

 Peter was surrounded by creatures, attempting to rip the gauntlet out of his arms. He thought that he had it completely handled, but as more creatures piled on top of him, he began to have second thoughts. Although he had his killing mode on, it seemed to not stay caught up with all the creatures. Peter yelled out for help, instantly hearing the voice of Captain's soon after.

 He shouted "Heads up!" and threw the hammer of which Peter knew that he could web onto, which was exactly what he did. Peter escaped the stack of creatures and flew right out. When he thought that he was alright, his web had gotten cut and he began to plummet toward the ground. In a matter of seconds, he felt himself stop falling and was now being carried. It was Pepper.

 She flew through the sky with Peter, assuring him that she's got him. An unexpected shot hit them which caused Peter to lose grip of the gauntlet. Pepper kept her grip on Peter as she regained her balance through the air. Peter's eyes had followed the gauntlet to where it landed. As he was about to tell Pepper of where it was, he saw his best friend racing toward it.

 His body shivered in fear as he noticed that there was yet another person going towards it, and it was Thanos. Peter tried screaming out your name to warn you, but Pepper had increased her blasters and sped up, getting further away from you. Peter tried squirming out of Peppers grip.

"Peter! What the hell are you doing?!" pepper shouted, trying to keep a tight grasp on him. "I'm trying to keep you safe!"

"(Y/N)!! SHE NEEDS ME!" peter screamed, tears forming in his eyes. His voice was clearly frightened. "She can't fight Thanos alone! LET ME GO!"

 Pepper released a sigh in defeat as she flew to the nearest place to land. As soon as she landed, Peter blew out of her hands and sprinted over to where you were. His heart dropped when you had come into his view, the sight was horrifying. You were in the middle of a battle with Thanos. Peter's legs fell weak as he saw that Thanos was overpowering you. Peter screamed for you until a sudden blast came at Thanos.

 Peter shielded his eyes and saw the gauntlet fly off of his hand. As the light dyed down, he squinted over toward you. His stomach turned as he saw you pick up the gauntlet.

"(Y/N)!" peter screamed loudly. You heard his cry, but you also saw that Thanos was rising up to his feet. You couldn't waste a second. "(Y/N)! NO!"

 Peter's legs were killing him, but he suppressed the pain and picked up his speed. Tears ran down his face, the closer that he got to you. You shift your eyes to Peter and connect your eyes with his soft brown ones. You could see the fear that was clearly shown on his face. You mouth to Peter a small "I love you Peter." before sliding the gauntlet on your hand.

 Peter screamed your name as he watched the power course through your veins. He cried out for you to not do it, but right after, your fingers brushed off each other, and snapped. Peter dropped the ground and curled up into a big ball as the snap took its affect. When the light had died down, he rose his head up, softly crying to himself. He expected to see you, but you were nowhere in sight.

Peter shot up to his feet. "(Y/N)!" he called out desperately. "(Y/N)!! WHERE ARE YOU!!" 

 Peter instantly noticed the group of The Avengers slowly surrounding a certain area. He hastily ran up to the group and shoved through everybody. His eyes widened, he couldn't believe his eyes. His best friend was propped up against a pile of junk, silently gasping for breath. Your arm with the gauntlet was completely burned, and so was that side of your face.

 Peter collapsed to his knees and slid his right hand on your right cheek. His cheeks were tear-stained.

"(Y/N)," he choked softly. "c-can you hear me buddy?"

 Your response was barely audible. Peter's lip quivered as your breathing was beginning to slow down. Peter slid his hand down from your cheek to your chest. He lowered his head.

"(Y/N). Please. Don't leave me. You're my best friend." peter whimpered wistfully, raising his head up to look at you. "I need you. Please (Y/N)."

 Peter gently shook you, hoping that you would respond, but again, he received nothing from you. Peter blinked and tears dripped down his cheeks. He kept repeating your name softly. He was silently praying that you wouldn't go. He didn't want you to go. His eyes shifted down to your chest, which wasn't rising up and down.

"(Y/N)?" peter hiccuped softly. No response. "(Y/N). Please. No..."

 Peter clutched his hand, tears streaming down his face. Pepper stepped forward and leaned down toward Peter. She placed her hand on his shoulder and helped him stand up. Peter kept his hand on your body as he stood up, not wanting to let go. He didn't want to let go of his best friend. He wanted to still believe that you were still with him.

As his hand slid off of you, Peter wiped away his sorrowful tears. "It should've been me. (Y/N) didn't deserve this." peter cried. "She's been through so much." peter said with a trembling voice. "she helped me through everything. I can't believe she's really gone."

A hand gets placed on Peter's shoulder, but his eyes remain on you. "(Y/N) did this so you could live, kid." the voice of Tony Stark spoke beside him. "And so that billions could be alive too."

"S-She was my hero." peter said, releasing a shaky breath. "She's was everybody's hero."

"(Y/N)died what she loved doing," steve chimed in. "and that was saving people. (Y/N) always put others lives before hers."

Peter gloomily nodded in agreement. "(Y/N), I miss you already," peter cried softly. "I love you so much. I just wish you were alive to hear me say those words."

 The rest of the team gathered around Peter and all gave him a hug. And that was when Peter released all of his tears. Although Peter knew that you weren't with him anymore, that he would continue to save the world, for you.

> < > < > <

If you guys would like to keep caught up on my imagines, go ahead
and add this book to your library! It will notify you whenever I post
another chapter.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts on this imagine!

Don't forget to vote!

Have fun reading my imagines,

- LilyHemsworth