Jealous Of You (steve rogers)

You stepped out from behind the van as you saw your new recruit hop out of the van. You smirked as you saw it was the Ant Man. You've seen his word and you had to admit, he was pretty good. His name was Scott, but you just stuck with Ant Man. Steve has been ignoring you for a the entire mission because people have been giving you more attention than him and it was bugging him.

 You thought Scott didn't know you so you just stood behind him, hoping he wouldn't notice who you were. But as soon as Scott stopped handshaking Steve, he turned his head and he smiled.

''I know you too,'' he points. ''You're great.'' he smirks.

''Thank you.'' you thank, nodding your head.

 You glance at Steve who let out an annoyed sigh, he looked down and turned towards Sam who was just focusing on you. You crossed your arms and rolled your eyes, you didn't know why Steve was angry from a simple compliment from a new recruit. But soon enough, Scott started to ask you all sorts of questions about your life. And as Scott started to talk to you, everybody was interested and everyone crowded around you except Steve. Steve glared at you and crossed his arms, tapping his foot impatiently.

''Can we start talking about our plan please? We haven't got all day.'' steve shouts, his voice echoing.

''Okay guys, let's listen to Rogers.'' bucky claps, catching all of your guys's attention.

 You all look over at Steve who had his arms crossed in anger. He lets out an angry sigh and just shakes his head. He starts to discuss the plan and you all gave him your undivided attention. When he was finished, he called for you all to suit up. You started running one way and Steve ran the other way, everybody followed you and left Steve completely alone.

 You blushed as you could feel the group jogging with you. They started to talk with you as you jogged, they all thought that you were super cool. You just thanked them and smiled, they were all so sweet to you and it made you feel so welcomed and so special. But it didn't make Steve to happy.

***

 You fought off the bad guys and the first thing that came to your mind was to get some ice-cream. The team agreed with you but Steve didn't, he wanted to go back to the tower and play some games. But of course everybody went with you and not Steve because you were more popular than he was. Steve grumbled as they took your side, you could feel the jealousy that he had for you. You didn't want to change out of your suits so you just decided to get the ice-cream in your suits.

 As you arrived at the restaurant, it was a packed restaurant. You entered and somebody turned their head, their mouth completely dropping as they saw it was you.

''It's Y/N!! AHHHH!!!'' someone screeched, making the whole team cover their ears.

 Everybody in the restaurant dropped what they were doing and ran up to the team. You weren't the only one who they were focusing on though, they focused on the others, but it seemed that Steve was getting the least attention. There were teenagers asking for pictures, there were kids asking for pictures, even full grown adults. You were standing next to Steve, he watched as everyone wanted pictures with you, it made his face heat up with anger, he hadn't got asked once ever since you guys arrived.

''Thank you for saving the world! I don't know if you knew this but you saved my family, thank you!'' a woman cried, kissing your hand multiple times.

''You are so welcome.'' you smile, hugging her afterwards.

 She smiles and leaves, you looked back at Steve who was gritting his teeth and watching you get all the attention. A young woman finally went up to him which made Steve stop looking mad and he switched into a happy smile. But the young woman didn't want a picture with him. She wanted Steve to take a picture. Of you and her.

 Steve and the young woman walked up to you. When she reached you, she squealed with joy and hugged you. You hugged her back and smiled, Steve stood there with her phone, ready to take a picture. He tapped his foot impatiently as the young woman continued to hug you.

''Any day now!'' steve called out.

 The young woman looked back at him and gave him a nasty look. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at him, which made you giggle a little bit. She puts her arm around you and you put your arm around her and smile at the camera as Steve took the picture. Steve finally finished and gave her the phone, she didn't even thank him and ran off screeching with joy. You look at Steve who was completely done, he stormed out the door.

 You turned around as you saw the rest of the team finish up with their fans. After they were done, they walked up to you and asked you if you still wanted ice-cream. You were still craving ice-cream but Steve was more important at the time. The decision was final, you were going to leave and go back home.

''Steve stormed out and I'm worried about him.'' you sigh, holding the door open as the team walked through the doors.

''He probably just left because he's jealous.'' natasha shrugs.

''Yeah. He's told me before that he's jealous of you because you get more attention.'' bucky states.

 You make it outside and he was nowhere in sight. You sighed and shivered as the cold wind hit my skin.

''Just received a text from Steve. He's back at the tower.'' tony points out.

 You nod and you call a taxi, the taxi picks you up and you all drive back to the tower. When you arrived to the tower, you saw the lights were on. You saw Steve's shadow up above. He opened the fridge and got out some ice-cream, well, now you know that you had ice-cream. You go into the tower and went up to the floor that Steve was on, when you arrived, he was eating ice-cream on the couch and listening to some depressing songs. You sighed and walked over to the radio, turning it all the way down, catching Steve's attention.

''Hey! I was listening to– Oh.. Hey Y/N.'' he scoffs, turning back around.

''Steve.. What's wrong?'' you ask, tilting your head.

''I just miss those days..'' steve sighs, throwing his spoon inside the ice-cream carton.

''What days?'' you ask, walking over to him and sitting down next to him.

''The days that you weren't here.'' steve growls, giving you a dirty look.

''We all know you don't mean that Rogers.'' tony says, snapping at him.

''You're right.. I don't.. It's just.. I miss the days when people used to praise me and love me. And now.. I'm just history. I'm old news. You're the real deal now Y/N. People love you and praise you. I'm just awkwardly in the background now.'' steve explains.

''Steve..'' you sigh, not knowing what to say.

''Steve, you'll always have my praise and my love. You'll have the teams praise and love. And if that's not enough, I don't see why having the praise and love of complete strangers make you feel proud of yourself. I mean, yes, it feels amazing. But honestly, I would much rather have the love and praise coming from my team that I know and love. Than have the love from complete strangers that I'll only see once and never again. Steve, we love you and we always will. And I will always love you. No matter what.'' you smile, holding his hands.

 Steve was all the way teared up. Your speech made him think that he had true friends.

''You're right Y/N. I'm sorry.. I guess the fame just got to me.. I'll never have that happen again. I love you Y/N.'' steve smiles.

''Love you too America.'' you smile.

 Steve leans in and lays a delicate kiss upon your lips. You smile and than lie your head on his lap. The team soon came in with cartons of ice-cream.

''Let's watch some TV shall we?'' bucky smiles, picking up the remote.

''Wanna help me finish my ice-cream Y/N?'' steve asks, making you sitting up.

''I'd love to.'' you smirk.

 Steve takes a spoonful of ice-cream and airplanes it into your mouth, making you giggle. You did the same to Steve and you two just went back and forth, feeding each other spoonfuls of ice-cream. Although the day started out pretty rough, by night, it was wonderful.

The End