Chapter 8

(The picture above is what Odette looks like to me in my head.  The girl in the picture is French actress named Léa Seydoux)

************

Logan's POV

"Oh no!  It's ruined!  The wedding is ruined!  Helene just told me that Benjamin lost his two front teeth!   Now our wedding pictures will be ruined!!  Where are we going to find a new ring bearer this close to the wedding!?  LOGAN!?" Odette whined. 

"Yeah?" he asked, not at all paying attention to what she'd just said. 

"Are you kidding me!?  Our wedding is ruined and you don't even care!?" She asked dramatically. 

"Come on, now.  Our wedding couldn't possibly be ruined.  What happened?" he asked.  

She explained the situation again and he just stared at her in surprise.  "Benjamin is your nephew...  you can't just kick him out of our wedding..." Logan said with a slight laugh. 

"This isn't funny, Logan!  This is serious!  These are the wedding pictures that will be all over the tabloids, on tv.  These pictures will be around, long after we're gone, documenting this day.  And you want to show some brat kid who was dumb enough to get his teeth knocked out in all of our wedding photos!?" She exclaimed. 

He sighed, realizing this was a losing battle. 

"Okay," he relented, "I'm sure Honor wouldn't mind letting Liam or Ian do the job" Logan suggested. 

Odette turned up her nose.  "I suppose that's the best we can do this close to the wedding" she pouted.

Logan shook his head in surprise of her actions, but it was nothing he wasn't used to.   He picked up the phone to call his sister, and walked out of the room. 

*********

"You're kidding me, right?" Honor asked tonelessly after Logan filled her in on the whole ring bearer dilemma.

"Sadly, I am not" Logan responded.

"Never in my life have I ever met such a spoiled, self-centered, HORRIBLE person" she said in disbelief.

"No, not you, too" Logan groaned.

"She's not right for you, Logan!  Why can no one see how big of a mistake this is!?" She exclaimed.

"Well, mom and dad clearly don't think it's a mistake" he reminded her.

"Mom and dad aren't the ones who have to live with her.  Why!?  After all these years of fighting them, why is it that NOW you've been letting them string you around like their little puppet!?  It makes no sense, Logan!  This isn't you, and you need to wake up & realize that before it's too late!" She demanded.

"It's called growing up, Honor.  You may be older, but your birthright isn't the one being groomed to take over.  That's me.  I don't have the luxury of being a fly by night kid anymore.  I have to do what's right for the family" he said, trying to remain calm, although he was nowhere near it.

"No Logan, you haven't grown up at all, you've just given up.  You've become this - this SHELL!  This shell of a person I used to fondly call my little brother.  You died inside when she left you 10 years ago, and the fact that you haven't been any semblance of happy since, shows me how much you still love her.  I thought you were going to finally come around & man up this year.  That fire you used to have was there - I don't know how, and I don't know why, but it was.  I felt it.  I thought for sure you'd realize how miserable you've been.  But you didn't.  You regressed.  You're back to resembling my dead brother" she whispered. 

He was quiet.  He didn't know what to say.  Had he really been so much happier in the last year?  Of course he had.  He was sneaking around with HER.  The love of his life.  He wanted to leave Odette for her.  He wanted nothing more.  But she never asked him to. 

"What the hell, Honor?  Did Finn and the guys put you up to this?  Where is this all coming from?" he asked angrily.  But he wasn't mad at her, he was mad at himself.

"Logan, it's because I love you and I want BETTER for you.  I want happiness for you.  Odette doesn't give you that.  We both know the only one who does.  And we both know why you were so happy last year.  I'm not going to tell anyone, but I just hope you make the right decision.  I don't know how you lost her again, but you need to get her back.  You need to fix things with Rory before you ruin your life.  Start living your life again, little brother.  Before it's too late" she pleaded, and then she hung up the call.