Chapter 40

I made my way into the noisy, crowded night club, called Intrigue, and tried to follow the directions of where Lane told me to meet them. 

Take a left at the bar, a right at the speaker - wait - which speaker...?  I looked around, lost, but Finn found me first. 

"Rory!  You guys came back!  I figured you two would've gone back to your room, get yourselves all wet and slippery in that fancy jacuzzi tub of yours, and have smashed each other's brains out twice by now!" he exclaimed.  "Where's Logan?  The Gent's room?" he asked, spinning his entire body around as he looked for his friend.

I shook my head confusedly.  "He's not with you?" I shouted over the music. 

"Of course he's not with me, he took off a while back, and so I thought he was with you!" he yelled to me.

"No, Lane told me to come back, and I decided I couldn't just let Logan off the hook so easily, that I needed to talk to him a little more" I yelled over the crowd.

"Oh bloody hell, now what!?  We've gone and lost the man of the hour!" Finn said with a laugh.

I laughed too.  "Well let's go find the others, and figure out what to do.  Is it this loud where you're sitting!?" I asked.

"Of course not, Darling!  Let's go!" He said, ushering me to the private area they had all to themselves.

"It's Rory!  Rory's back!" Paris exclaimed, sitting haphazardly on Robert's lap with her arms around his neck. 

I laughed at the sight.  I wanted to ask her if she had any idea what she was doing, but I didn't want to ruin her night.  She needed to blow off some steam.  She's been super high strung lately and needed the chance to just let loose and have a little fun.

"There you are!  I was starting to think you weren't ever going to come back!" Honor said happily.

"Are you okay?  What happened between you and Logan earlier?" Lane asked. 

I shook my head.  "I don't want to even think about that.  That was me just getting irrationally emotional over nothing" I muttered in disappointment of myself.

"Have you seen my baby brother?  He should be here!  It's not a party without the whole gang!" Honor slurred. 

I laughed gently  at the sight, and sound, of her.  "I don't know where he is, I haven't seen him since I left before" I said. 

"Oh boo!  He's not answering his texts, either" she pouted. 

"That would be because you've been texting me all night, dearie.  Makes much more sense now" Finn teased. 

"Yeah, well, you can see where she'd get confused" I teased him with a wink. 

As if right on cue, Honor's phone rang.  "It's him!!" She exclaimed, struggling to come up with the motor skills to answer the phone on her own. 

Lane reached over and slid her finger on it and held it out for Honor to use.  I stifled another laugh.  I had never seen her this hammered before.

"Logan where are you!?" Honor insisted.  "What!?  No, of course she's not in her room, silly!  She's here with us!" she said. 

I my head snapped up at her quickly.  He was asking about me?

"Well, I'm assuming it's because she came to look for you.  Sheesh.  Just get here.  Bye baby brother" she said hanging up.