Chapter 47

I woke up and looked around.  "Uh oh, not this again" I teased to myself, when I saw that Logan wasn't there in bed with me.

After a quick trip to the bathroom, and an attempt to make my hair at least look presentable, I walked into the common room to see everyone sitting around.

"Hey!" Logan said, his entire face lighting up when he saw me.  He reached out for me and I crossed the room to him.  He pulled me into his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tight with a big smile on my face.

"Good idea.  Get all of that cutesy stuff out of your system while she's still small enough to sit in your lap without crushing you - and that's just with her swollen ankles alone" Paris warned flatly.

I gave her a look that said "thanks a lot" and then laid my head onto his chest and closed my eyes. 

"Still sleepy?" He asked me gently. 

I nodded.  "Yeah, kind of.  I'm in desperate need of some caffeine" I whispered, turning to him. 

"I'll make you a cup, but that's it.  One cup" Lane warned with a smile, getting up and popping in a K-cup.

"She's so strict" I pouted and Logan laughed. 

"She's only strict because she cares about you and Jr. Ace.  She doesn't want anything bad to happen and neither do I" he promised.

"So you've joined the dark side, too, I see" I pouted, but with a laugh.

"Protect you, I must.  Love you, I do" he said, sticking out his tongue.

I just laughed and shook my head in defeat. 

My mom walked out of her room and sat down beside us.

"My god, you're like a walking Folgers commercial!" Colin exclaimed with a laugh.

"This old thing can smell coffee a mile away!" She said with a laugh, pointing to her nose, and then she held onto her stomach.  "I'm starving.  How about we take this coffee to go, and find us some food" she said. 

"Yeah?  Where do you want to eat?" Logan asked her. 

"I don't know about you, but Jr. Ace is craving Taco Bell something fierce" I said. 

"Yes!  That sounds amazing!  Do they have Taco Bell in Vegas?" she said. 

"Of course they do, duh!  This IS America.  I think it's one of the unwritten rules" Lane interjected with a laugh. 

"I always craved Big Mac's with both of my boys" Honor said in remembrance. 

"Oh yeah, I did with my boys, too!" Lane realized. 

"I craved sushi with my kids, and it really sucked because you can't eat sushi when you're pregnant.  Have you ever had a pregnancy craving you couldn't give in to?  Yeah, that was me and sushi for 18 months almost back to back" Paris said bitterly. 

"Aww, well now you can have all the sushi your little heart desires!" I offered.

"Are you kidding me!?  I HATE sushi!  That was just one of the many ways my body taunted me during my pregnancies!" She said in disgust. 

I just rolled my eyes with a smile and eagerly took the travel cup of coffee that Logan so generously put into my waiting hands.

"Mmmm.  You are amazing, Huntzberger" I said with my eyes closed and my senses full, after I drank in my first sip. 

He smiled.  "I aim to please, Ace" he said with a wink, and then walking towards the front door.

"Oh, that you do" I said to myself as I followed behind him, with everyone else close behind me.

******

"You've got to be kidding me!  THIS is the Taco Bell they have in Vegas!?" I asked, my eyes wide, as we walked into the brand new cantina.

"Ooh!  Mixed drinks!  You can find me over there!" Finn said happily.

"This place is so cool!  There's even a DJ and everything!  Who knew!" Lane shouted above the music.

Robert nonchalantly glanced over at Paris who was looking around in awe of the giant, two-story space. "Not bad for fast food" she approved with a surprised purse of her lips.

"You see that shareable menu they have?" mom asked, turning to me.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"I want one of everything on it and I don't want to share a damn bit of it" she said with a laugh.

I laughed too and could understand completely.  I felt like I hadn't eaten all day, even though we definitely hadn't skipped any meals - or snacks for that matter. 

It was finally our turn to order, and Colin haphazardly ordered two of everything on the menu since no one could decide what they really wanted.  After he had paid and insisted they keep the generous amount of change left over as a tip, they invited us all into the VIP Lounge.

"So not only is this the coolest Taco Bell ever, but they also have a VIP Lounge!?" Mom asked me in surprise. 

"I'd say Jr. Ace picked a good place to eat!" I said to her with a laugh.

"Hey, what happened between those two after I left last night?" She asked me quietly, pointing to Paris and Robert.

"Who?  Robert and Paris?  I'm not sure.  They left together, but today I don't think they've said a single word to each other" I said.

"I'd say something definitely happened because I keep catching them watching each other when the other isn't looking.  It's kind of creepy cute" she said. 

"I hadn't even noticed.  I'll ask her whenever we're alone" I said. 

"She's heading to the bathroom!  Run!" She said, pushing me in that direction. 

"Everything okay?" Logan asked with a laugh. 

"She really wanted to borrow Paris' lip gloss" Lorelai lied, realizing how dumb that sounded.

He just laughed in confusion and shrugged.  "Okay" was all he said.

"So how are you feeling?  Are you nervous about telling Luke?" Lane asked.

"You mean the guy who was pretty adamant about NOT having a baby with me?" Lorelai asked.  "Nope, not nervous at all" she teased.

**********

"Hey, are you okay?  I haven't really had a chance to talk to you much after last night" I said after I walked into the bathroom.

"Me?  I'm fine, why?" Paris asked, acting oblivious.

"Did you and Robert...  Well...  Did you?" I asked. 

"You're asking me if Robert and I had sex last night!?" she asked in surprise.

"Well, yeah...  You two were pretty hot and heavy by the time you left together, but you've also been avoiding each other like the plague today, so I wasn't sure what happened..." I said.

"Ohhhhh something happened alright!  We had sex, and I cried, and it was absolutely humiliating.  After today we can just forget it ever happened" she snapped.

"What!?  What happened!?  Why did you cry?  Was he that bad!?" I asked in surprise.

"Oh, god no, of course not!  He was amazing.  Like, so good I couldn't move after, or see straight for that matter" she said. 

"Okay, eww" I said, trying to block out the picture of them together from my imagination.  "But what happened?  Why did you cry?" I asked.

"Because I haven't slept with anyone besides Doyle in ELEVEN YEARS, Rory.  And I ENJOYED it.  It just made me realize that he and I are really over and I should be able to move on, but how!?  I don't know how to open up to anyone else now that I've let Doyle get close enough to hurt me - I've got walls up thicker than Fort Knox " she said, almost in disappointment of herself.