Chapter 38

"Hey, kid. Do you feel like talking?" my mom asked, walking onto the veranda, with bags from various take out places in tow.

I smiled. "You do realize we have room service at our disposal, right?" I teased.

"Yeah, but there's nothing more comforting than pizza, egg rolls & chili cheese fries" she insisted.

"Yeah, you're right.  Thanks, mom" I said with a smile as she started setting out all of the food. 

"So what happened with Logan?" she asked as we sat down and dug into the food.

I sighed and shoved a chili cheese fry in my mouth.  "I don't even know, mom.  I feel like I really embarrassed myself.  I got emotional, and he probably thinks I'm crazy.  I ran out of there too fast to find out what he thought" I said.

"Well, he was in shock, to say the least.  He has no idea why you took off the way you did" she said.

I nodded, wishing I'd stuck around a while longer. 

"He said something about wanting to come after you, but you'd told him not to?  Why did you push him away?" she asked. 

I sighed, ashamed of how I acted.  "Defense mechanism, I guess.  It just hurts to see him not want me" I whispered.

"Did he tell you he doesn't want you?" She asked.

I shook my head.  "No, he told me he's missed me, and also that he didn't have a choice between Odette and I" I whispered.

"And that means he doesn't want you because...?" she asked. 

"Because it just makes it easier for me to believe that, than to believe the opposite" I whispered.

"Even if the opposite means that you get to be with the father of your child?" she asked.

There was a long pause.

"Odette stopped by...  After I got here, but before you did..." I whispered.

"Odette?  And you're not in even more tears, so that's a good sign...  But WOW...  What did she have to say?" She asked in curiosity.

"She...  Wants Logan and I to be together" I whispered. 

"What!?" mom asked, her soda coming out her nose in surprise. 

"Are you okay!?" I asked with a laugh as she coughed and sputtered.

"I'm fine, I just - why the HELL would she want you to be with him instead of her and their DYNAMIC PLAN?" she asked, oozing with sarcasm towards the end.

"I know, I have no idea!  I don't understand any of it, either! She said she's in love with someone else and wants to be with him instead, and since Logan's such a great guy, that he deserves to be happy with me" I said.

"Then maybe you should go talk to him, then" she said. "Besides, we both know you have a lot to talk about" she said with a warm smile.

I looked down and nodded. "Yeah, I know I'm just being silly. I need to just tell him already and get it over with. There's no reason to put it off any longer" I admitted.

"Yes! Now, I left them at the Laundry Room, but there's no telling where they are now. Lane and Paris stayed out with them, I figured they could both use the night out" she said.

I nodded in agreement. "Thanks for everything, mom. You sure you don't mind me leaving in the middle of our talk?" I asked.

"Are you kidding!? I'm virtually kicking you out the door right now so I can take a nice relaxing bubble bath in that giant bath tub in there!" she said with a laugh.

I smiled and looked down at my phone. "Come to XS. Paris and I are here with the guys and Logan, they've been great and we're having so much fun! But we all miss you!" "We've moved, now we're at Encore Player's Lounge. The guys challenged each other to some high stakes poker" "We're at RX Boiler Room. Come on, Rory! How often do we get to have a girl's weekend in Vegas!?" "Paris is WASTED and hitting it off pretty hot and heavy with Robert! We're at Intrigue. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back out" Lane's texts said.

"Well, I guess I found them" I said with a laugh. "Lane's apparently been texting me their location every time they leave to go somewhere else" I said.

"You've got great friends, kid. And if you go get him, you'll have a great guy, too" she said with an approving smile. I smiled too and nodded.

I started towards the door and my mom nearly choked on her cheeseburger. "As much as I would love to see you traipsing around Vegas in your jammies, please for the love of GOD go change your clothes!" she said with a laugh.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

"Pregnancy brain is REAL, my friend!" she promised with a laugh.

I laughed too, and changed back into my clothes from before and did a quick mirror check to look somewhat normal again and not quite so disheveled.

*********

"She's still not answering you, huh?" Logan asked Lane.

She shook her head. "No, I thought for sure she would have. Especially after I told her about Paris and Robert getting ready to hook up" she said with a laugh.

"I've got to get out of here" Logan said abruptly, jumping up from the table. 

"Where are you going!?" Honor asked in surprise.

"I'm going to go get my girl" he said, rushing out.

"No way!" Lane exclaimed.

"Did that really just happen!?" Finn exclaimed in disbelief.  "Barkeep!  A round of shots for everyone in the house!"

*******

Huffing and puffing, Logan stopped outside the hotel room door.  He rested his palms against the wall beside the door way, hanging his head as he caught his breath, and then he used a key card to let himself in.

"Hey" he whispered as he saw her.

Odette looked up at him in surprise.  "What in the world are you doing here?" She asked.