Chapter 41

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine, and looked into my eyes. He just couldn't stop smiling. I don't think I had ever seen him so happy, and before I knew it, I was getting more excited than ever before. This was the feeling I was missing. THIS was the way it was supposed to feel when you were expecting a baby with the love of your life.

********

"Look at those two love birds down there. It's about damn time they figure it out and give it another go" Finn said, looking off of the balcony of Intrigue, able to see the terrace Logan had told them they were at.

"Uh, Sherlock? That's not them. THAT'S them" Lane said, steering him over to look at the real us, with a happy giggle as she saw how happy we looked from above.

"Right, of course! Look at those two love birds down there! It's about damn time they figure it out and give it another go!" He repeated.

"Awwww I can't believe he finally did it! We did this, you guys!! This was so awesome of us!" Honor exclaimed.

"He better make sure he doesn't jack it up this time, or I'm going to make sure he's never with anyone else ever again" Paris grumbled.

"Shh darling, what do you say we head on out of here and you can save some of that feistiness for me?" Robert muttered in her ear.

A smile spread across her face and she grabbed her purse. "Well, that's my cue! See you in the morning, folks" she said and let Robert lead her out.

"How come you are flying solo tonight? That's so not like you - especially not in the scantily clad land of Vegas!" Honor teased Finn.

"Oh don't you worry about me, sweetheart. I've got my pick of the lot!" Finn said, showing her his stack of numbers on cocktail napkins that he's collected throughout the night.

Lane laughed in surprise. "Wow, Finn! You certainly are the ladies man! Oh! And a gentleman's man, too, apparently" she said, moving a napkin from 'Jeffrey' to the top of the stack.

"What!? He said I had nice eyes" he said with a shrug.

The girls laughed and they noticed Colin at another table chatting up with a beautiful red head and her friends.

"I need sleep" Honor whined a little. Lane nodded in agreement.

"I'll take you ladies back to the room, and then play a nice game of pick a napkin out of a hat to choose where I'm sleeping tonight since I'm sure Robert and Paris have set up shop in our room, and if they haven't, Colin will" Finn said, finishing his drink. He held out each of his arms for them to take. "Miladies"

*******

"So tell me - EVERYTHING! How long have you known...?" Logan asked as he celebrated with his expensive champagne for one and I sipped on my virgin frozen strawberry margarita.  "Well, I found out a little over a month ago, I guess.  It was right before my mom and Luke's wedding" I said.

"Oh, they got married!?  That's great!" he said in surprise. 

I nodded and smiled.  "Yeah, that was a long time coming" I said. 

He smiled and looked down.  "Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Of course" I told him.

"How long were you going to wait to tell me - if I hadn't left her?" he asked, sadness ringing throughout his voice.  "You WERE going to tell me, weren't you?" he asked. 

I sighed and nodded.  "The thought crossed my mind, but yes.  I was going to tell you.  I just wasn't going to do it before I knew 100 percent of what your decision would be.  I didn't want you to feel obligated to me - or to us - in any way, and I didn't want you to leave Odette on that reasoning alone.  I wanted you to be involved with the baby, if you wanted to be, but I didn't want you to feel you HAD to be with me" I explained.

He wiped his hand over his mouth thoughtfully as he nodded.  "I'd have been devastated if I'd married her, and then found out later...  I don't even know how I'd ever be able to handle that" he whispered.

I touched my hand to his.  "Then I'm even more grateful that you came to your senses early" I said with a teasing smile. 

He smiled and nodded.  "Yeah, me too" he whispered.  But the sadness wasn't leaving his eyes. 

"Hey, I don't know what you've got going on December 15th, but that's my first appointment.  I'd love it if you could come with me?" I asked. 

His eyes lit up.  "You want me to come with you to the the appointment?" he asked.

I nodded.  "Logan, I've wanted you here this whole time!  It was killing me to go on this long without telling you!" I promised.

His smile came back and his eyes danced.  "I wouldn't miss it, Ace!" he promised.  "I just wish it wasn't so far away!" he said.

"You act like it's such a long wait when you've only known for a couple hours - try knowing for a month!" I teased him with a smile.  "And I'm no doctor, but I did try to figure it out online, and from what I've read, the pregnancy began on the first day of my last period, which was September 29th.  Meaning I'm just a little over eight weeks pregnant right now" I grumbled.  He laughed sympathetically, sensing it must have been rough one for me so far.  "And so by the on the day of the appointment, I will be right at eleven weeks" I told him.

"Wow...  So when are we looking at as far as delivery?" he asked. 

"The internet says to expect it around July 6th" I said. 

He smiled again.  "I can't get over this, I'm so happy right now that we're having a BABY together, Ace.  It will be the best collaboration we'll ever accomplish" he said.

I laughed.  "That was so cheesy" I teased him, throwing my balled up straw wrapper at him.  "But I love that you're excited.  I was so terrified you wouldn't want to have anything to do with us!" I whispered. 

"Are you kidding me!?  Good lord, Ace, you know me better than that" he said with a laugh. 

I laughed and nodded.  "In my heart I did, but I was still scared I was wrong."