Chapter 19

Logan woke up suddenly, but was confused as to what had just jolted him awake.

He peered around the room, darkness surrounding him. He knew something had to have woke him, but he wasn't sure what.

He turned slightly, realizing Odette wasn't in bed beside him, and wondered what she was doing up so late.

And then he heard it: Odette was...laughing...in the bathroom... Why in the world was Odette in the bathroom LAUGHING? He wasn't sure, but he was sure this was why he was awake.

When his eyes adjusted, he looked at his phone to see that it was only merely three in the morning, and then he remembered he had a meeting bright and early and he should still be asleep right now.

But what the hell was going on?

He was about to get up out of bed so that he could go check on her, to make sure she was okay, but just as his feet were about to touch the floor, he heard her voice speak.

"No, no. You don't need to worry about him. He's still fast asleep, and probably doesn't even have the slightest idea that I'm not in bed with him right now" she said, her voice just seemed to ooze with the utmost confidence.

Logan thought this was especially amusing, considering he was completely coherent, hearing her speak these deceitful words in that moment.

And then there it was again. That laugh! It's not as if he'd never heard her laugh before, but it was the WAY she was laughing that he'd never heard. It had such a free-spirited, light-hearted and borderline flirtatious nature about it. Whoever this person was that she was talking to, clearly makes her happier than he ever could. He also figured out that she must be on the phone since there was no one else talking, causing her to laugh in such a way.

"So, are you going to come play with me in Vegas next weekend?" She purred.

Logan was shocked. What!? There's no way he just heard her the way he'd thought he had. Whoever this person was she was talking to, she was inviting them to their bachelor/bachelorette parties!? Better yet, she had already invited them, but was trying to convince them now?

"Oh, don't worry about that, of course you can come. I changed it and now it's a co-ed party.... Yeah, Logan said the same thing when I suggested combining the parties, but it's just better this way. I mean, not only do I get to openly spend time with you, but I can also keep a close eye on Logan and his friends, too. I don't trust them, and they hate me anyway. Knowing those losers, they'll do anything in their power to break him and I up and I'm not willing to let him go until this deal goes through. So, he's just going to have to get over it and realize that alone time with his friends is just not an option for him anymore, not even on his bachelor party. I'm going to make damn sure that man stays faithful to me, and only me, if it's the last thing I do" she said.

He wanted to be mad when he heard those words, hell, he knew he should be livid! Here she was, openly talking about spending time with someone she obviously cared a great deal about, but she was worried about him being faithful to her? But he couldn't bring himself to care about all of that right now, because he was too busy drowning himself in the memories of the times he was anything but faithful to Odette, a smile coming to his face as he remembered.

The way her hair smelled when she took it down and how it would fall along her shoulders in cascading waves.

The way her blue eyes sparkled at him every time that gorgeous smile covered her beautiful face.

The way her skin felt pressed up against his - her warmth, her softness, and her strength as she would always pull him in to her, closer and closer.

The way her kisses would always taste like the perfect little hint of caramel mocha, and how he could drink them in forever.

The way her moans caught in her throat, letting him know he was doing everything just right every single time...

He could almost will himself to experience all of these things again for real, but it wasn't real at all.

He had let her walk away. Again. And he didn't even attempt to get her to stay. Not really. Not as much as he knew he could have, or as much as he wanted to.

Despite what his sister thinks, and what his best friends think, Logan was pretty convinced that she'd never give him the time of day to even speak to him again, let alone ever give him another chance - again.

Just because she was the one who left, doesn't mean he didn't realize he was the reason behind it. It was his fault for trying to have the best of both worlds, but when it came time to chose, he knew he had chosen wrong - and now it's too late.

He groaned in physical pain as he realized he'd never get to ever hold Rory Gilmore in his arms again, no matter how much he wished he could.

"Uh oh! I think he's starting to wake up, I'd better go! I can't wait to see you this weekend!" Odette said quickly.

"Shit" Logan whispered realizing he'd been caught.  He turned to face the wall, with his back facing the doorway.

She tiptoed her way back into the room and sat her phone on the bedside table, plugging it in to its power source. She slipped in under the blankets, took in a deep breath and paused for a moment before finally turning her back to his.

Logan just laid there, paralyzed in thought, brought back to the reality of the situation. "What...the hell...did I wake up to...?" He asked himself.