Chapter 33

"So you were all in on this?  Why didn't you tell me?" I asked my mom, Lane and Paris. 

"You know you never would have agreed to crash Logan's bachelor party if you'd have known that that's what we were doing this weekend" Lane pointed out.

"Well, no!  Of course not!  That's not right.  A man's bachelor party isn't something a girl should interfere with!" I said. 

Everyone stifled laughter and I looked around in confusion. 

"What?  It's true!  Now if I just randomly show up it's going to ruin the weekend for him" I said.

"No more than that schemer Odette already has, I'm sure" Paris said matter-of-factly. 

"What?  What do you mean?" I asked. 

"She's on the same plane he's on, Love.  She doesn't trust him to be alone with us.  Thinks we'll get him into a bit of trouble or something" Finn said. 

I couldn't help but smile.  "Oh no, not you three.  You would never get him into any trouble" I teased. 

"I don't think I like your tone" Colin said, pretending to be hurt.

"She insisted on combining their parties so she could keep a close eye on him, because she doesn't trust him when she can't see him" Honor said, filling in the blanks.

"Wow...  are you kidding me?  That's awful!  Why in the world would she do that!?  That's hardly fair...  But then again...  I mean, I can't say I blame her...  we didn't exactly give her a reason to trust his fidelity, but still - does she even know about that?  And besides, that's a really crappy thing to do to a guy on his bachelor party!  He may as well not even have one." I said.  They were all shocked at how logical I was being.

And then it hit me: "W-wait a second...  do you mean to tell me that I'm not only crashing Logan's bachelor party, but I'm also crashing Odette's bachelorette party, too!?  Random ex girlfriend comes to the party weekend trying to win him back?  She would kill me when she sees me!  Oh my god, you guys brought me here to get me killed, didn't you?" I said, starting to panic a little. 

Mom laughed softly.  "Kiddo, everyone on this plane is on YOUR side.  No one here would let anything happen to you and no one would let her close enough to attack you.  We're team Rogan all the way" she said with a smile, but it wasn't enough. 

I knew I didn't have a good feeling about this trip this morning, but my mom talked me into going.  And not only that, but my mom is IN on this!?  What the hell do I do now!?  We're already in the air somewhere over Indiana by now. 

Suddenly I could feel myself start to get queasy, and I ran to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind me. 

Everyone looked after me in wonder and confusion.  "She's got a nervous stomach.  It happens anytime she's stressed out, which has been a LOT lately.  Especially today!" My mom covered for me.

*********

Logan was finally asleep and Dimitri was sitting beside Odette again.  She was fumbling around with a folded piece of paper in her fingertips, entranced, completely oblivious to the world around her. 

"Hey, why don't you get some rest, Ode?  You don't look so good" he whispered. 

She breathed in deeply and turned to him.  "We need to find out what the initials R. G. stand for, and who they belong to" she said surely.

"What's R. G.?" he asked. 

"She is to Logan as you are to me" she said boldly.

He looked at her in surprise. "Wow... Well... In that case... Do you think Logan's friends or his sister would tell us?" he asked, not sure how to proceed. He wasn't sure what angle she was getting at here.

"Oh, of course they will. If they want to spend any time with Logan this weekend, they'll tell me anything I want to know" she said.

********

After my stomach settled down a bit, I sat down in my seat, leaning my head back against it. Everyone else was sleeping, except for Finn, who came to sit beside me.

"Are you okay now, Love?" He asked me in concern.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing to be worried about" I promised.

"So are you mad that we all did this to you? Set you up like this?" He asked gently.

I shook my head. I didn't actually believe it would ever be possible to be truly mad at any of them. What they were doing, how much they believed in Logan and I, it was an incredible thing to be a part of.

"No, Finn. I'm not mad. I'm a nervous wreck, but not mad" I promised.

"Is there anything I can do to help you to be not quite so nervous? We just had to take drastic measures because that old wench is NOT who is supposed to end up with Logan. YOU are. We all know it, we all believe in it, and we all want to play a part in making that happen" he promised.

"But how can you be so sure? It's not like we've talked. He doesn't even know I still have feelings for him, let alone want him back. This might all be for nothing" I whispered with a forlorn expression on my face.

He looked at me and placed his finger on my chin, tilting my face up to meet his. "You truly have no idea what he did, do you?" He asked softly.

I looked at him in confusion. "Logan? No, I have no idea what he's been doing in the last six weeks since we last saw each other" I whispered.

"No," he whispered in his thick Australian accent. "The other one, the writer of sorts... Oh bollocks, I can't remember his bloody name..." he trailed off in thought.

I thought for a moment. "...Jess...?" I asked.

"Jess! By god that's it! A witchy woman you are, Ms. Gilmore. You always know everything about everything. ...Well... Except for this, it seems" he said, amusement in his face.

"Jess did something? What did he do?" I asked in surprise.

"He called Logan, darling. Hasn't been so long ago now. Around the same time as you came to see us in New York. He told Logan how you feel - and really laid into him about what he'd do if Logan ever broke your heart again. And truth be told, I think that's why Logan's finally acting like he may have woken up a bit. And if so, that Jess fellow has gotten through to him in a way the rest of us haven't been able to" he said.

"Jess... Did that!? For me? - Wait - is that all he told him...? How I felt?" I asked.

"Isn't that enough, Love?" He asked with a laugh.

I smiled, thanking God that Jess hadn't said anything about the pregnancy. "Yeah, it was perfect... WOW... I really can't believe he would do that..." I whispered.