1

I was leaving my home from Chicago, Illinois to Alabama. Where in Alabama? I had no clue at all. My dad's job is getting transferred so we were moving, end of discussion. Oh well you see that's not exactly true. My mother on the other hand didn't agree at all so you know what happened? That's right, he left her and took me. I can imagine my mother's expression right now when she reads that letter dad left. I sighed as I thought about it. This wasn't the brightest choice, they might split because of this. And that means fighting over me.

"Dad?" I said as he drove past trees and he hummed in reply. 

"What about mom...you had two days to decide if you were moving or not." I said and he didn't say anything for a while.

"And I chose to move, don't worry in a month you'll go back with your mother if she decides to stay there." he said and I shook my head sighing.

"Dad no, we should have waited for mom." I said when in all truth I didn't exactly want to move either but I don't really like to get in arguments especially when it comes to someone else's future. 

"Your mother will be fine." he said and right on timing his phone began to ring. Dad ignored it and kept driving making me close my eyes sighing. Dad was getting himself in trouble. I was probably going to be in trouble for going with him. I felt my phone vibrate and I opened my eyes taking it out my pocket then turned it on.

Mom: 

Where are you? 

Did you seriously leave? 

I swear when I get a hold of your father

Young man you better answer your phone

I sighed and texted back.

Me:

Sorry mom

And instantly she called my phone. I bit my lip hard looking at it as it rung. I glanced at dad in the mirror but he didn't look at me. Of course he pretended he didn't notice and kept his eyes on the road staying silent. I took a deep breath closing my eyes letting it out as I slid the green button to the left. I put the phone a little bit too close to my ear.

"He-Hello?" I said chewing my lip.

"Oakely hand the phone to your father please." she said calmly. 

"Dad..?" I said softly.

"Driving." he said.

"He's driving." I said imaging my mom's eye twitching which is a thing I got from her when someone irritates us badly or my eye twitch sometimes when I try to lie. 

"Bluetooth." is all she said and so I turned bluetooth on my phone and it instantly connected to the car then my phone vibrated. I glanced at the notification. 

Mom:

Cover your ears honey.

I did as she said but I knew covering my ears would probably not block anything out. I had ears like Dumbo...of course not literally, my ears are an average size I guess. 

"William." I heard my mother say and my dad glanced at me in the mirror nervously. 

Oh, so he is nervous and scared. He didn't act like it a minute ago.

"Ye-Yes dear?" he said gulping.

"HOW DARE YOU FUCKING TAKE OUR SON I SWEAR I SHOULD CALL THE POLICE! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" I jumped at mom's outburst and so did dad, she never hardly cursed. Then he took a deep breath letting it out.