2

I woke up staring blankly at my reflection in the mirror. I yawned scratching my head and started to head back out the bathroom. Then I did a double take running back to the mirror blinking. My hair was everywhere. I grumbled trying to comb it and brush it down but nothing worked. I sighed in defeat heading out the bathroom to the kitchen. Dad looked up at me as he sipped his coffee. He smirked putting his mug down.

"Having a bad hair day?" he asked.

"I'm not a girl dad." I said huffing as I yanked the fridge open.

"Never said you were, guys can have bad hair days." he said shrugging as he sipped his coffee again.

I rolled my eyes taking the carton of milk out. I took it out then got a glass to pour the milk in. I put the carton back in the fridge and tried taking the milk down in one gulp which didn't end up so well.

"Son it's okay, you'll be alright." dad said rubbing my back after I hacked and coughed hard. I felt completely embarrassed as I panted.

No way was I gonna do that again....I think.

After that whole event of the morning dad took us out to go eat breakfast. We got caught in traffic so I started searching the app store on my phone. All I had on my phone was the original apps that were already on here because when mom was around she would always be in my ear about how apps take storage and she doesn't want me getting into certain things. But with mom in Illinois and me being in Alabama with a dad who is pretty laid back I can get away with some things.

I scrolled through apps humming to the music that I was playing on my phone since dad didn't have the radio on. I scrolled again when something caught my eye. I scrolled back up slowly and tilted my head. Featherbook? I clicked on it and read through the description and looked at the pictures. It looked like a book app. Not only just for reading books but you could write your own books. It met my fancy if I do say so myself. I love writing after all and people reading my books other than my family...okay they don't even read my books but besides the point would be awesome. I clicked the install button and watched YouTube as I waited for it to be done installing.

"YES! FINALLY!" my dad said making me jump at his outburst then he sped up a bit to pass the green light before it turned red. I moved my hand all over the place for my seat belt to put it on before this man killed me with his joy, literally.

I pulled it but it was stuck making me groan and tug on it. Stupid seat belt never wanna work when I need it. Dad immediately stopped out of nowhere making me lean forward but I held the seat belt for dear life. My heart was going out of control.

"Almost passed it." Dad chuckled as I panted hard.

He parked and then got out like nothing just happened. I was still gripping the seat watching him walk to the doors. After calming down and him shooting me glances I took off my seatbelt then got out the car. He locked it while holding the door for me. I thanked him then walked in.

It was a nice Saturday morning and a bit surprisingly, this place wasn't packed. I liked that it was pretty quiet in here as well. We got a table and ordered then waited for our food. Dad sat across from me so we both sat by the window. It was our thing, we had to have a window seat and would fight over it if we had too.

"Hey bug, what's on your mind?" he asked and I glanced away from the window at him.

"Mm nothing much...just surprised I'm still alive after that." I said and he rolled his eyes smiling.

"Don't be so dramatic Oakely." he said and I shrugged.

"What can I say, it's in my genes." I said smiling and he smiled back as the waitress came with our drinks.