18

November had strolled on by. Sadly our concert was put off since our teacher got a cold the day before Halloween and had still been sick afterward. So sometime this week we are supposed to be doing our Spooky Concert that now won't be that Spooky. Soon though we would have to practice songs for Christmas to be prepared. Everyone was probably thinking about Thanksgiving but who could blame them? I was too, how was Thanksgiving going to work out for me this year?

"Something on your mind?" I heard a voice speak up and I glanced around at the lunch table to see everyone looking at me. My face heated up.

"U-Uh just the holidays," I said with my hands up and Lily laughed patting my head while Vic grinned at me.

"Thinking of all that tasty food are we?" Vic asked wiggling his eyebrows and Farley slapped him in the back of the head making Cory burst into a fit of giggles as Vic glared at Farley.

"That was very disturbing, don't do that," Farley said before eating.

"Sooo how do you celebrate Thanksgiving?" Clyde asked turning to me and I looked down at my food.

"Um well, usually we all cook together and invite the family over to eat dinner with us," I mumbled.

"My granny cooks and invites our neighborhood," Clyde said making me look up and blink.

"Umm...how's that gonna work?" Vic asked laughing.

"Well if she did, I wouldn't be able to go. My aunt and I eat together every year." Farley said picking at his food.

"That's okay," Clyde said nodding gently. "My granny just likes to visit people just in case they couldn't eat," he said and I smiled.

"That's very kind of her," I said and Clyde smiled back nodding.

"If that is an invitation then I will gladly accept! I have nothing to do with my life anyway." Cory said before eating and Lily rolled her eyes smiling as Vic scoffed.

"Wish I could come," Vic said turning his head in Clyde's direction and I nodded feeling the same.

"Me too." Lily nodded before eating.

"Soooo, I was thinking us band kids should hang out together and practice!" Vic said grinning at Clyde, Farley then I.

"Looks like it's time to go," Cory said rolling his eyes linking his arm with Lily to pull her up from the table making me blink.

"See you in class," Lily said to me giggling before they walked off.

"Anyways, practice," Vic said once again making me glance at him.

"Can't." Farley simply said and we all turned to look at him.

"Why not?" Vic huffed.

"Umm..busy," Farley said standing up as I ate my food.

"Oh, that's too bad," Clyde said frowning then finished his food.

"Busy with what?" Vic snapped glaring slightly as Farley three away from his trash and put his tray up.

"Vic it's okay, Clyde and I can still come," I said after swallowing my food and smiled at him.

"No..." Vic said watching as Farley head to the doors. "We're going to find out why he's busy," he said looking at me and I tilted my head.

The bell eventually rang right when I finished my food. Vic finished before me and had already headed to the trash can by the doors to throw away his trash. I quickly got up doing the same and left out the doors. I went to English and kind of chatted with Lily a bit too much. I didn't get a lot of my work done like I wanted to. In-band the teacher decided in two days we would have our concert, I hope I was prepared for this. History wasn't too bad but I was happy when the bell rung. I wanted to talk to Bookie and ask him about his Halloween.