22

Clyde and I ended up talking and walking together while picking up things and either putting it in a basket he was carrying or putting it back. Of course, that was after telling mom I was okay and talking to her a bit before our call ended. Eventually, we got a cart as the basket was getting full and I carried the basket. It was nice to talk to Clyde though, I felt like out of most of the group we talked the most when we saw each other. Vic was another I felt I was close to but maybe not. And Farley I felt like I was getting close to him. I should try speaking to Lily and Cory more. Especially Cory from what had happened earlier.

"So you came here to shop for Christmas presents too?" Clyde asked and I nodded glancing at him.

"You?" I asked which I felt my cheeks heat up because of course he was but I didn't know what else to say in response.

"Yeah." he smiled and I glanced at his basket that carried the watch I picked out for dad and some other things he had put in there.

"Is all of that for your grandmother?" I asked and his cheeks tinted with a shade of pink making me tilt my head a bit.

"Um..no just the knitting supplies and supplies for me to make her a necklace. Hopefully, I can finish it before tomorrow. I already shipped out my parents' gifts." he said turning the corner to where the cakes were.

"Well, what's the camera for?" I asked as my photography class kind of came to mind but I shook it away, ever since I've been in school I felt better not thinking about it unless I had to after school.

"Just a replacement from the one I broke at school. I finally made enough money to replace it, you probably forgot about that happening." he laughed slightly as I smiled.

"Well good, you're getting it replaced now instead of never," I said and he nodded as he seemed to be deep in his thoughts, that's when I realized he had two cameras and not one. "You have two cameras?"

Clyde flinched slightly which made me frown as he put a few more things in the cart. I was about to ask what's wrong but eventually, he turned into a line with other carts. It seemed he went deeper into his thoughts then glanced at me.

"The other one is for someone else," he mumbled and I decided by his reactions that I should not ask any more questions about the things he put in the cart.

"Well, I hope your Christmas tomorrow will be good," I said pushing away the silence that was trying to come.

"Yours too," he said, sounding more relaxed and looked at me smiling a bit.

After we checked out we headed our separate ways. I waved him goodbye and he did the same. I started talking back to my dad's when barking caught my attention. Turning to the sound of the barking I found Pepper, Farley's dog. Farley was by Pepper trying to shoo away a cat and hold Pepper back from it. I quickly walked over causing the cat to turn towards me hissing. I bent down to the cat's height and the cat stared at me making me smile as it's composure relaxed. The same happened to Pepper. Farley sighed in relief as I got the cat to follow my lead to the other side of the road until finally, it ran off on its own.

"Thanks for your help." I heard Farley say and I turned around to see him walking over to me.

"You're welcome!" I said smiling. "Pepper seems to be doing well last time I saw him." I bent down petting him.

"Yeah, been a while since the last you've been over my place. Well, I was just walking the dog to the diner nearby," he said as Pepper did his business in the grass making Farley huff as he pulled out a bag.

"Oh? There's a diner?" I asked trying to not watch disgustedly as he cleaned up after his dog, better than those owners who didn't clean up after their pets I guess.