28

The next day at school I was better so I was acting like myself. Maybe no one but Clyde noticed I was a bit off yesterday after lunch. Or maybe they just didn't want to bother me about it especially since I seemed okay. But it was okay and at lunch today I was there before everyone else. I felt awkward sitting at the table alone but luckily it didn't last long. Soon Vic had taken he seat across from me.

"Hey, Oakley." Vic shot me a grin and I smiled back.

"Hey sorry about not getting your gift," I say realizing that didn't really make any sense, making me want to facepalm.

"It's not your fault." he sighed but the smile appeared again. "Anyway I can give you a ride home today if you like," he suggested before taking a bite of his taco.

"No its fine my dad is gonna pick me up," I say glancing at the taco on my tray. "Besides your car is new. So did your mom or dad get it for you?" I asked finally picking up the taco after inspecting it a bit.

"Oh uh neither. Just a guy that's like a dad to me," he mumbled and I frowned taking a bite. "My parents are alive." he laughed that sounded kind of awkward. "No need to frown," he said as I swallowed.

"Well if you have a dad why would another man be like a dad to you?" I asked as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't worry about it," he said rolling his eyes and I quirked an eyebrow at the change of his attitude, he rarely acted this way.

Before I could say or ask anymore another person came to the table. It was Farley which shouldn't have been a surprise really since we both left from the same classroom. We shared the Photography class before lunch again. But this time we had to go back to the class after lunch which like yesterday I almost went to English instead like I did the first semester. Farley took a seat on the left side of me.

"I think the teacher let us out early," Farley said looking at me before scooping a spoonful of his chicken potato bowl.

"You think so? Maybe that's why I got here before everyone else today." I said thinking.

"No the lines are just short," he responded as the bell for lunch rang proving Farley was right.

"Anyway, guys did you hear how upset our Band teacher was that her classes didn't get to have a holiday concert before winter break?" Vic asked as Clyde came over taking the seat on the right of me.

"I didn't," Farley responded before eating again.

"I heard, do you think she's going to make us do one in this month to make it up?" Clyde asked.

"I don't know but if so I can drive us somewhere to practice," Vic said grinning.

"Like your place?" Clyde asked and Vic's grin fell.

"We aren't going to my place," Vic said quickly and I tilted my head as Farley and Clyde also looked confused.

"What about us going to your place?" Cory said popping out of nowhere taking a seat away from Vic.

"Not you I meant Oakely, Clyde, and Farley," Vic said.

"Oh, so they're going to your house?" Cory asked looking at him coldly and I wanted to shrink from the feeling of tension but soon Lily took the spot between Vic and Cory.

"How is everyone?" Lily asked cheerily.

"Good." Clyde and I said at the same time then Clyde glanced at me smiling.

"Fine," Farley responded with Vic and Cory.

"I'm good too," Lily said glancing at Clyde and me before looking at Vic and Cory. "Are you two okay?"