34

My mom and I skyped in the car on my phone since I was heading to school and she had work late. She thanked me for the cake I sent her. I wasn't sure how to send it to her but the internet, Bookie, and dad was a lot of help. Dad also loved his half slice of cake. Which I gave him way before asking him for help. Mom got her cake on Valentines Day which was perfect. I was worried that she might have got it tomorrow or way later. But things so far went well. Now I just needed to give all my friends their treats and get through the school day.

I still needed to get my last picture done. Yes, I had been thinking what to do this whole time. I even figured out what to do for Bookie for Valentine's day. Which I made him a card. Mostly blue jays sketched all over it in different poses. I colored most of them in and included poems and quotes I thought he would like. I could either post it online or figure out how to send it to him. Which I still hadn't figured that part out yet but better than how my photography project is going.

I said my goodbyes to mom then said mine to dad. I got out of the car after hanging up the video call on skype. Walking into the school building I so happened to bump into Mr.Jackstein, my photography teacher. Startled I jumped back a bit and relaxed for a little bit only to tense up.

"Hello, Denver." Mr.Jackstein smiled at me and I nodded glancing down at the ground.

"Hey Mr.Jackstein, sorry for bumping into you," I mumbled looking up and down from the floor and him.

"No problem at all Denver, can't wait for your presentation today," he said his smile growing as my stomach sunk.

"Ye-Yeah me too," I mumbled. "Can I go last?" I looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Oh, sure if you want. I thought you were excited?" he quirked his eyebrow.

"Um, best for last?" I shrugged smiling awkwardly.

"Well, you can go last. See you in class," he said and I nodded heading my way to my first class.

When I walked into Algebra 2 instantly seeing Vic I pulled out a bag of cookies. Making my way over to him I smiled. He glanced up and smiled back at me.

"Happy Valentine's day," Vic said as I placed the bag on his desk making him blink.

"Happy Valentine's day to you too." my smile vanishing a bit. "Do you not like it?"

"No it's not that, I'm surprised." he laughed opening the bag and took a cookie out before eating it. His face seemed to lit up. "This is pretty good."

"You think it was going to taste bad?" I huffed and he chuckled.

"Sorry no I did not but I didn't think Oakely was a baker." he grinned.

"O-Oh, I wouldn't say I'm a baker technically. I only bake things rarely on my own at least. I help dad in the kitchen a lot though." my face felt a bit warm and I smiled thinking of helping dad with food.

During the rest of class, I was excited to give my other friends cookies. I was also trying to figure out how to give Bookie his letter. In Health we did mostly reading but my thoughts were mostly filled with Bookie and the last picture I needed to figure out and take soon. Biology came along and we went straight to presenting, some of us didn't get to present. I was one of those people but I was kind of happy not to. We wouldn't have time to present tomorrow so I just got to turn in my work.

While reading in our books I passed cookies over to Clyde. He was the closest person to me. I would probably have to wait until lunch to give the others cookies. In photography, I would be too nervous about my project to give Farley cookies. I needed to figure out what to do for my fifth picture now. Photography was my next class after this. I could hardly pay attention to the words in the book. I decided to ask Clyde for some ideas.