29

After being home for a while I texted Vic. I was curious about the event that happened before. Not curious in a good way though... I was very worried. But Vic was waving it off like it didn't happen. Or he would just ignore it and change the subject. I was getting more worried and eventually, I came to my dad about it. Mom and dad always told me I could come to them when something was wrong or if I needed help. And I think this was a time I needed help.

"Dad I need some advice," I said sitting on his bed and he looked up at me from his laptop.

"Oh hey, what's wrong?" he asked closing his laptop.

"Well..if you had a friend who seemed to have bad parents what would you do?" I mumble playing with my hands as dad's eyebrows furrow.

"What do you mean bad parents?" he asked.

"I think my friend's dad slapped him..." I said quietly as I lowered my head.

"I uh. I think he needs to call national child abuse hotline...it doesn't seem like that would just happen once." my dad sighed and I frowned looking up at him. "You should talk to him about that. And if you need some help I can try. But we can't overstep our boundaries if he doesn't want help." he said and I nodded slowly before getting up.

"Thanks, dad..." I said and he nodded before I made my way out of his room then went to mine.

I sat on my bed and pulled out my phone. This time might be different. I'll try to talk about this with him again. I hope he listens and talks it out with me. Or someone...it doesn't have to be me. I'm just worried about him and want him to be okay.

Me:

Vic! We really should talk about what happened. Please, talk to someone about it at least.

Vic:

Look I'm sorry for taking you over there in the first place. Then you would have never had to deal with this.

Me:

It's a fine Vic... Just, please.

Vic:

I can deal with it on my own.

Me:

No, you can't. I heard what happened and saw you had a mark on your face. That isn't good. How long have things been like that?

Vic:

Oakley it's none of your business.

Me:

But I'm worried about you.

Vic:

No need to be. I'll be spending the night with the guy that acts like a real dad to me.

Me:

Vic...is that really solving the problem? Well, I'm glad you have a place to stay. You can always come here if you need a place to stay too.

Vic:

Don't pity me.

Me:

I'm not pitying... I just care about you, Vic.

Vic:

Ugh...yeah yeah I know. I just hate this kind of attention. This is why I avoid Cory most of the time. He pities me. And I guess I pity him too. But his life isn't that bad now I guess.

Me:

What do you mean?

Vic:

Nvm. I'll talk to you later.

Me:

Vic doesn't go yet. Really I think you should go to someone about this.

Vic:

I have. So don't worry about it.

Me:

So things will be fine?

Vic?

With that, he stopped replying when I sent another text. I sent more texts getting a bit worried. The exact opposite of what he wanted. But I couldn't help it. I grumbled and went to Feather book. I sent a text to Bookie.

CyberGeek: Hi Boookieee

My cheeks got hot. I just realized how I text that. I grumbled rolling onto my stomach burying my face a bit in my pillow. I waited for his reply staring at my phone. I started to think of Vic again and frowned slightly as my phone vibrated and I clicked on it.

BookerBooker: Hey Cy! I have something to tell you.

CyberGeek: Um what is it?

BookerBooker: Um...did you like the book?

CyberGeek: Book?

I furrowed my eyebrows repeating book in my mind. Eventually, I thought of Christmas and remembered getting a book. I felt warm inside as my heart flip-flopped.

BookeeBooker: You didn't get it?

CyberGeek: No no! I did! Um, I knew it was you :)

BookerBooker: Oh...you did? Um well, I guess you should know who I am then.

CyberGeek: So you live here too? I mean in the same state? Well I don't know gah

BookerBooker: We're closer than you think. I'll tell you when I'm ready..sorry I'm just worried you're not gonna be happy about who I really am.

I frowned slightly reading his message. I reread it again and a few more couple times as I thought to myself. Vic came to mind again but about the time I thought Bookie could be him. I wasn't thrilled if it was him.

CyberGeek: I won't lie..I'm not sure how I feel when I meet you face to face or well figure who you are. But I am grateful I haven't disappointed you I guess.

BookerBooker: Well at least you're honest. I will wait a bit until I'm ready. I hope you don't mind.

CyberGeek: Of course! And thank you for the gift so much..it was so sweet of you. I hope to do the same for you.

BookerBooker: No need to. I just wanted to give you a gift for the holidays.

CyberGeek: Humph, I'll get you something one day.

BookerBooker: I'll be waiting then.

CyberGeek: *smiles* Good!

I text most of the time with Bookie. But I did make sure to finish what I needed to do for school. Eventually, I helped dad with dinner. Later on, I would video chat with mom before texting Bookie goodnight and going to bed. Many thoughts went through my mind as I had my eyes closed trying to go to sleep. I wondered who Bookie could be and I wondered if Vic would be okay.

~ Alright school starts for me next week so this book and the others I will probably not be able to update very often. Haha sorry if I sound like a broken record. I just want to make sure you all know. Well have a nice day/night!