8

"It's Friday Friday." Farley sang grinning and I swayed my head side to side a bit.

"Gotta get down on Friday." Victor sang and shimmied making my cheeks heat up slightly giggling.

"Sing with us," Clyde said poking my already warm cheek making it only get warmer.

"I can't sing," I said shaking my head as the doors opened making a gush of cool wind hit my face.

"Fake sing then," Victor said.

"Fake sing?" I said blinking.

"I guess what he means is sing but not in your real singing voice," Farley explained rolling his eyes smiling.

"How do I do that?" I asked as Clyde pulled his newsboy cap down to cover his ears.

"Just do it," Victor said making me remember the same thing I said to Bookie and I grimaced.

"Maybe another day," I said and Farley nodded with Clyde as Victor shrugged.

We're out here for lunch. It's cool but likes not cold. Victor told us Cory was sick today so he couldn't make it to school today. I rubbed my hands together then blew them as Clyde held my tray and his own also carefully.

"This is why you guys should wear gloves like me." Clyde huffed and Farley held up his fuzzy black gloves that he was wearing, wiggling his fingers. I giggled as Clyde huffed handing me my tray.

"Thank you," I said and he smiled as we all took a seat at the table.

I almost jumped up after sitting down. The seats were pretty cold. Farley glanced my way quirking a brow looking amused as Victor laughed. Ughy, him and Victor always seem to catch my embarrassing moments.

"Too cold for your rump?" Victor asked now quirking a brow as I huffed blushing.

"It is cold though." Clyde shivered and I smiled.

Glad someone had my back.

He glanced over at me and smiled back. I felt my face heat up but smiled more before digging in...Okay no not digging in. This is lunch food from school, not a high-class meal. Soon we finished at the same time the bell rung. I went my separate way when we got in the building and they probably did too.

I made my way to English and sat down at a table. Most of the time no one sat in the other lonely blue seat next to me which I didn't mind too much. But to my surprise, the girl I met at the library has taken that spot.

"Hey," she said smiling as she put her backpack straps on the back of the chair.

Pink hairpin, pink shirt, pink flats, pink backpack, too much pink. I squinted my eyes.

"Hi," I said smiling as she sat down.

"Hey," she said before unzipping her backpack and rummaged in it before presenting- a purple binder.

Yeah, caught me off guard. I blinked as she zipped her backpack closed and she glanced at me. I looked away hoping she didn't notice even though most of me knew she probably did. She quirked her eyebrow smiling.

"Umm?" she said as she put the binder on the table.

"You just have a lot of pink things," I said squirming in my seat and she laughed.

"Sorry, mom likes me to match," she said and I nodded feeling slightly bad if it seemed like I judging her. Ugh, I probably was.

"So the book.." I said trying to change the topic only to successfully, awkwardly fail.

"Umm...what?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows and I shook my head as I felt my cheeks heat up.

The class eventually filled up leaving one empty seat. The same seat I'm guessing this girl us to sit at.