47 [Final]

Since I woke up I was on video chat with my mom- no since the last day of school we've been doing daily calls. I slipped up about liking someone and just...a lot and now she was a worrying wreck. Clyde and I also started talking more, which made me happy but I was exhausted. My dad dropped me off right when the bus came, the sky was still dark. At least I wasn't late I guess.

"I have to go now mom." I say glancing at my screen as I took off my seatbelt.

"I know sweetie...just um...please be careful! And if you don't see that boy, don't worry about him. You can still have fun on this trip." she says giving me a comforting smile. "I love you, be safe."

"I love you too, and okay." I sigh but smile anyway, to not worry her too much beforr hanging up. "Bye dad! Love you." I say hopping out the car.

"Listen to what your mother said!" Dad calls after me with a smile. "Love you too Bug." he says causing me to roll my eyes with a smile, before waving him goodbye.

I decided to wait for everyone going on the trip to come out of the school building, since the bus was already here. My eyes kept searching for Farley, whenever the doors opened and people walked out. While I wanted to see him, and then I kind of didn't all at the same time.

But I did find Cory, he was the first I saw. I was about to give him a hug, but he dodges me. I pout as he laughs wrapping his arm around my shoulder, and pats me on the back.

"I didn't know who you were, I was about to sucker punch you." Cory says grinning as I scoff while crossing my arms.

Cory was a huge help after the last day ot school, while it wasn't a lot of time I know we grew closer. He told me Vic had pulled stunts like this, make his heart flutter (whatever that meant), and then disappear. Though I hoped- no I don't think Farley would be like that. Nonetheless, Cory had opened up to me and I appreciated it. Clyde and dad wasn't the only ones I could go to now about my problems.

"Mr. Denver, you should have went inside so I could mark you for attendance." a voice says behind me, causing Cory and I to turn around.

Ms. Housewright was walking up to us with a clipboard and lime-green highlighter in hand. Farley and a few others so happened to be right behind her rolling some luggage or carrying containers. I flashed Farley a look, before turning my full attention to Ms. Housewright.

"Sorry ma'am." I say as she sighs but marks something on the noard, that I assume was my name. "Don't let it happen again if you plan on being in Band next year." she says before walking off and the others behind her follow, except Farley.

"I'm gonna give you two some alone time while I go call Lily." Cory whispers to me before running off with his phone in hand.

I glance at Farley as he steps on a little thing that makes the luggage stand up straight. "I thought you guys finished for all the preparations." I say staring at the luggage instead of him.

"I thought so too." he sighs then we stand there in silence.

So I decide to break the ice. I walk up to him and nudge him hard in the arm instead of punching him. "Thanks for ghosting me!" I say as he groans laughing a little. I had no clue what ghosting was until Cory taught me, and had used it frequently.

"I didn't ghost you." he says glancing away, which I only dig my elbow into him more. "Ouch! Alright alright, I did! I'm sorry, I just didn't-" but before he could finish the bus honked for us to get on.

He stepped on the thing he had stepped on before on the luggage, then looked at me. "I have to go put this away, but I'll catch up with ya." he says before rolling away with the luggage.