31

January was over and February came very quickly. Valentine's day was on its way. On that particular day, I don't remember anything really special for me since it seemed like the time for dad and mom. Dad would shower mom with gifts and love. All the things mom would want and mom would do the same for him. They would both make a chocolate cake for me but of course, we all would eat it up together. And the last slice was always left for me. Either it I ate it or it would be thrown away if it got old. That's what I think of when hearing about the holiday but Vic tells me different things.

"It's all about love. Couples and all that." Vic said rolling his eyes and fake gagged making me tilt my head. "Buuuut." he turned towards me smiling. "It's also about confessing to people you might like and giving treats to friends also. Not just people you have romantic feelings for," he explained and I nodded thinking of the chocolate cake I would get from mom and dad then Bookie came to mind.

"Anyway did you hear we have a concert for Valentine's day? Yuck right, its official our teacher is going to talk about it today," he said walking me to my Health class.

"I know now, well you should head to your health class now," I said and he groaned nodding.

"See you Oakely," he said turning away and I waved as he left to his class.

In Health class I was too busy thinking about what Vic told me. Of course, I did my work for class still but it took longer because I was thinking about something else. I wanted to get all my friends something for the holiday and my parents. Let's not forget Bookie who was the first person I thought of... I wasn't sure what to get Bookie though or even how to give him anything. My parents, I would make a chocolate cake for them on my own. My friends, I could make cookies for but what kind? I could make lemon crinkle cookies in the shape of hearts. For Bookie I could..I could... My mind went blank and eventually the bell rung.

In Biology, we were partnered up for a class project that I think was to celebrate Valentine's day. With our partner, we had to make punnet squares with our parent's genetics to make children, our partner had to make sure we did it right. The child that was like us or similar to us we had to draw a heart around it. It wasn't too much we just had to pick a trait then do four or five punnet squares. But as I did this with Clyde who was my partner I got a little sad. My parents weren't together anymore so the chance of them having any more children besides me with each other was zero. I tried to not let it show that this assignment bothered me. Before I knew it I had to go to my Photography class which I walked to with Farley.

"I want you all to take pictures that symbolize love in your eyes. The class will see them keep that in mind so keep it school appropriate." Mr. Jackstein said shooting a look at a group of students that seemed to be troublemakers. "A total of five pictures are needed, one to be family related, friend related, object or thing related, food or drink related, and lastly the fifth one is up to you. Remember you might need to explain how it shows love," he said looking around the whole class. "Use your time wisely and plan things out by listing or sketching. Get to work," he ordered.

I decided to list and sketch. For the family picture, I would take a picture of the chocolate cake. It would be perfect to show my family love. I wrote how it shows our love and tried sketching out how I would like the picture to look like.

"Nice sketch." I heard a voice say and I glanced to my left, my eyes meeting ocean blue-green eyes.

"Tha-Thanks." I felt my cheeks heat up and glanced at the paper on Farley's desk seeing a sketch of a tree and another seeming to be a cafeteria. "Yours is nice too," I said and a smile spread across his face.

"Thank you," he said and looked down at his paper getting back to work which I did the same.

For the friend's picture, I decided to draw the art classroom a bit. That was the class we all use to share in the first semester. I wrote down the reasoning of it showing our love. Object or thing related picture I wasn't sure what to put but eventually, I drew a cardinal. The next picture I chose food and drew biscuits with syrup. It took me a while to decide on a food since there was so many I loved. The last picture I was stuck on. It seems like the whole rest of class I had left I was stuck on that one. The bell rung for lunch startling me.

On my way to lunch, I tried to think of what to do for Bookie and what my fifth picture should be. Walking mindlessly in the lunch line was not a good idea. I ended up walking into a person who was Cory. He turned around quickly shooting me a glare but stopped when he saw me though the look grew colder.

"What are you doing?" Cory asked.

"Sor-Sorry I was thinking of what to get someone for Valentine's day," I mumbled glancing from the floor and him.

"Someone?" he scoffed turning around to move up in the line and I moved up as well.

"Um yeah.. You don't know him." I said glancing at the cafeteria menu and Cory turned to look at me again seeming to relax.

"Oh?" he said and I looked at him nodding. "Who is it then?" he asked and I huffed.

"I can't tell you exactly but they are a very nice person," I said feeling the corners of my cheeks rise and Cory snorted making me tilt my head.

"You sound like you like them," he said grabbing a tray of food which I did the same.

"I do," I said as we headed to our table and he snorted again.

"I mean like like." he rolled his eyes.

"I do?" I said quirking an eyebrow and he turned towards me letting out a breath that sounded like he was frustrated.

"Romantically. You like this person romantically?" he asked and I felt my face get hot soon his frustration faded from his face and a smirk took its place. "That's a yes," he said walking to the table without me.

Romantically??? Well, we all know the answer to that anyway. This chapter was prewritten and all ones after this one if I write any more probably will be too unless it took a week, weeks, a month to write it.