38

I didn't see Farley there or his aunt that day. I had to leave his gift with one of his aunt's workers. All I hoped for is that Farley eventually got the gift. And I hoped he liked it. Before bed Bookie text me so all my worry from before washed away. But a few thoughts stuck in my mind throughout the night after. And through out the days but I didn't have the courage to even try to ask.

BookerBooker: I was at a birthday party, sorry!

Two things clicked in mind. And I felt slow, but at the same time insane. Too crazy, maybe I was just thinking too much... I probably was.

Bookie and Farley could know each other.... Or they could be each other, okay that was a bit confusing. It was a crazy thought though...right? But if it was true...then that meant Farley knew I was CyberGeek or Bookie was here and I don't know if he's been spying on me or something.

And when I went back to school I awkwardly avoided Farley or spoke to him in a hurry or like a robot. This went on for a week, and Bookie was getting messages from me still. But my texts were short and I guess he felt something different between us because he stopped trying to make a conversation that would last. It bothered me but it was my fault in the first place. The second week I heard nothing from Bookie and Farley still tried talking to me but I did the same things from the week before.

I held my lunch tray while waiting far away from Farley. I just needed someone else to get to the table before going over. Vic came just in time and I started walking over to the table, but slower than him to make sure he got there first. He already sat down when I was coming closer to the table, and started a conversation with Farley thank goodness. But it was also kind of an odd sight, since it seems they weren't arguing. I quirked and eyebrow walking over and took a seat next to Vic for safety. Farley and Vic looked over at me.

"Here, listen." Farley says leaning over and my breath hitches as he got closer then put an earbud in my ear.

This is bad, I could be liking two people at the same time! Or um maybe not, just one person. But what if Farley isn't Bookie? Would I even like Farley if he wasn't Bookie? Oh gosh, that's even worse! Proving that if I did then I would be liking two people.

As I was conflicted with myself Farley sat back and pulled out his phone. He pressed on something, I assume the play button and sounds filled my ears. "Ooh you touch my ta la la. Mm, my ding ding dong."

My eyes widen as I feel my whole face get extremely hot. I glanced over at Farley who had his lips pressed together tightly, so he could keep in his laughter. Soon a smirk appeared on his face as Vic was covering his own mouth to not laugh. Farley cleared his throat glancing at Vic then back at me.

"So how was it?" Farley asks while wiggling his eyebrows and I covered my face slightly in response, causing them both to burst out laughing.

"Pure gold." Vic says grinning while taking the earbud out of my ear, as I roed my eyes at them still flustered from the current event.

"Far from pure." Farley replied while laughing and I rubbed my back, to get rid of the goosebumps his laugh seemed to cause. "Sorry about that Oakely, teasing you is a highlight of the day sometimes." he says grinning and I huff grabbing my tray.

I decided to go eat somewhere else. And the rest of the day I avoided Farley again throughout the rest of the day. Now I had another reason to, that might have been more reasonable. That could get him to keep his distance from me since my reason should be obvious. Or at least the new reason. Friday was finally here and so was March. It was also the end of the school day, so I should be happy. But with things going on it was hard to be.

I was getting my things from my locker, I recently started using it or more than I did before to have excuse to avoid Farley. And eventually I was avoiding the others a little too, but not as much. I had no idea what was I doing and I didn't want to bother anyone else with this situation. I shut my locker door while letting out a frustrated sigh that was soon replaced with a small scream. It was none other than Farley behind my locker door.

"Far-Farley, hey." I gulp looking away from him to my locker door and lock it.

"How long are you going to avoid me? And why are you?" Farley asks and I turn to head in the direction to the doors, to leave the building.

"I-I'm not, well I'm not just avoiding you but the others too." I say walking quickly but soon he curves going right in front of me.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asks frowning a bit, causing guilt to pang my heart.

"Um well...not exactly." I say and huff looking away from him. "You embarrassed me at lunch."

"I'm sorry...but that can't be it? Unless I'm just too paranoid, I'm pretty sure you've been avoiding me way before today." he says making me grumble mentally, or so I thought until he quirks an eyebrow.

"It's just....do you know Featherbook?!" I let escape from my lips, and just as fast as I said it was how fast I wanted to run away or sink in a hole. I covered my mouth quickly after instead.

"Urm...no?" he replied looking at me confused and I let out a sigh. Half relief...the other half something else I didn't know.

"Well you're paranoid." I say walking past him after nudging him playfully while smiling.

He blinks but soon follows by side while grinning. "Well I'm glad for once about that. I'll talk to you later, I have to go speak to a teacher." he says and I nod. We wave goodbye to each other before he walks off in another direction.

I continue to walk but stop when I notice two people in the hallway. My eyes widen when I see Cory and Lily. The two are about to kiss but Cory's eyes end up on me. He pulls away from Lily and runs. I quickly walk out the building confused.