11

I was up, and it was midnight. Doing what? Talking, just talking- okay not actually talking but texting. My eyes slightly burned and were begging me to close them. Half of me wanted to pass out but the other half wanted to keep texting Bookie. How could he stay up this late?

I mean as a kid I did my own little challenge of staying up past midnight which I stayed up until two in the morning before passing out. But that was at seven I think maybe eight or nine but that's beside the point.

BookerBooker: Are you tired?

Yes, so tired. I want to sleep but I also don't want to stop talking-texting, whatever. But is that weird?

I groaned slightly under the covers. It was getting hot under here. But I couldn't risk getting caught staying up with my dad. Would he care though? Maybe not since it's a Saturday night well almost Sunday but he might wonder who I'm texting this late. I propped myself up on my elbows to text a reply.

CyberGeek: No, why do you ask?

BookerBooker: You're taking a while to reply and it's late lol

CyberGeek: Gaaah, okay I am sleepy. So tired I might pass out any minute.

BookerBooker: Lol, goodnight Cy

I felt my cheeks heat up. My heart flip-flopped and pounced? I slid up from under the covers, sitting up with my back pressed against the wall. The heat wasn't helping my face and just added more heat.

CyberGeek: Goodnight Bookie

BookerBooker: Sweet Dreams -.- liar lol

I pouted huffing but I couldn't stop the smile that crept onto my face. I giggled quietly hoping dad wouldn't hear me if he was up or asleep.

CyberGeek: *pouts* Sorry, forgive me?

BookerBooker: *ruffles your hair* Yeeesss, now sleep. To bed with you lol

CyberGeek: *giggles* Sweet Dreams Bookie

I turned off my phone. Dropped it and I dropped down falling fast to sleep. When I opened my eyes I felt warm. The sunlight must have been shining on me. When I turned around I quickly shield my eyes from the light hissing softly.

"Morning bug." I heard dad say and I turned towards the door.

I grumbled and he chuckled. I eventually got out of bed and followed dad to the kitchen. I sat at the table sleepily as he made biscuits. I took the biscuits and glass of orange juice with me upstairs. I went to my walk-in closet to get away from the burning light of the sun and turned on my phone.

CyberGeek: Morning Bookie

I looked around me. It was empty, most of my clothes were in dressers if not still in suitcases or boxes. I slowly closed my eyes but opened them when I heard my phone vibrate.

BookerBooker: Too early

I quirked an eyebrow and checked the rim on my phone. It was seven-forty. Guess it was a bit early. I hugged a pillow with my head nodding slightly. I was still tired- Oh yeah, biscuits!

CyberGeek: Yes it is....I'm still in sleep mode

I nibbled a biscuit giggling. I hummed softly while chewing as I waited for him to reply.

BookerBooker: Sleepy mode? Lol, what is that

CyberGeek: *nibbles on my biscuit then chews and swallows* It means I could probably do more dumb weird things that I normally do