16

My face grew hot every time I thought of what happened on the field between Vic and I. Sadly because of it I have been avoiding Vic, Farley, and Cory. Clyde and Lily are the only people I have been talking to. I even got their numbers... Vic has been messaging me a lot. Farley has tried to walk with me I believe but I always make sure to lose him in the way. It's been almost a week now that I have been doing this. I've been even more awkward with Bookie and haven't talked to him much because of it.

My face was still hot as I sighed and buried most of my face in my pillow. I had to stop being so weird and finally face my friends. If I keep this up I might not have them as friends anymore. I sighed more leaning against the wall of my walk-in closet. I don't want to go many steps backward after taking so many forward. Besides, my birthday is coming up. Being sad on my birthday wouldn't be any good. I first I wanted to message was Bookie.

It was Saturday, and the new week was going to start soon. I clicked on Feather book, hoping that when I texted him he wouldn't be mad and that he'd answer. I typed and sent the message chewing my lip gently. I wonder if he's asleep if he doesn't answer. I shouldn't just jump to conclusions. What if dad noticed how weird I've been acting. I bet he has, he did start being parked right outside as soon as I got out. He only asked about school and stopped bringing up my friends and Book-

"Is everything alright?" dad asked popping out of nowhere and I jumped almost screaming. My heart was out of control but not in the usual way, making me grip my shirt.

"You scared me." I breathed out as my phone vibrated and he glanced at it.

"You're worrying me," he said frowning and walked over crouching down next to me on the floor.

"You never told me about the game." he began. "And whenever you leave school you look like you've been running all day." He said now slightly cracking a grin and I huffed burying my face in my pillow.

"Did something happen in the game?" I heard him ask and I glanced up.

"Yes..." I mumbled and messed up my hair.

"Are you going to tell me kiddo?" he asked gently and I sighed feeling heat rush to my cheeks slightly before I buried half of my face in my pillow.

"Umm...Vic kissed me." I said and dad's eyes went wide as saucers.

"Oh."

"Yeah..?" I said as he blinked then shook his head.

"What I mean is um...isn't he just your friend?" he asked.

"I don't know." I sighed feeling my cheeks get hot.

"Um....I'm going to make us breakfast." dad said getting up and I huffed.

"Dad! You're supposed to help me!" I yelled as he kept walking.

"This is a new century, I don't understand it so I'm staying out of it. Uh...so let me know what you decide, okay? I love you." he said giving me an awkward smile before he left as I glared.

I don't know what he was going on about. Now I am major confused. More confused then when I started. But two things I did know is that I must get my awkwardness from my dad. And the last thing is that I need to check if Bookie text back. I picked up my phone to see that he did. Relief slightly flooded me as I clicked on it.

BookerBooker: Hey? Are you okay?

I don't know why but my heart flips flop. The corners of my lips rose and my cheeks heated up. I began to text back.

CyberGeek: Sorry, I am now. A lot just happened. I am still working things out in my brain.

BookerBooker: Do you want to talk about it?