26

It was time for school and I felt better. But I felt like something was different. Something must have changed. But what did? I wasn't really sure. The car ride to school with dad I actually was grateful for. For once the car was filled with our voices talking about how we were and what we did while apart.

"Bye dad love you," I said grinning and he smiled waving goodbye as he drove off.

I turned around to get tackled by Vic. It kind of knocked the wind out of me. Vic's eyes widen and he got off quickly helping me up. Coughing I held my stomach as the others ran over.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked frowning as she rubbed my back.

"Ye-yeah," I said taking deep breaths as Clyde helped me towards the school with Lily.

"Idiot." I heard Cory say to Vic.

"You're a football player Victor. Be more careful." I heard Farley say as they walked behind me.

"It's okay guys. I missed you all." I laughed slightly before coughing.

"Aw so sweet." Lily cooed giving me a side hug as Clyde grinned at me.

"I missed you too of course. Reason why I accidentally tackled you to the ground." Vic said speeding up to be near my side.

"Accidentally," Cory said making air quotes and Vic shot him a glare.

"Stop fighting you two," Farley said waving his hand, obviously annoyed.

Eventually, in class, we all caught up with each about how our holidays were. I didn't really bring up Bookie of course or my parents divorcing so I didn't have much to say. After my last class before lunch, I headed to the cafeteria. Farley, Cory, and Clyde were at the table first. I got my lunch and got to the table at the same time Lily did. Vic also got there before us two.

"Sooo did anyone get some gifts from anyone special or give?" Vic asked glancing around and I felt my cheeks heat up as I thought about Bookie.

I glanced around to now and everyone seemed to be focused on something else like their food. Clyde was grumbling as he ate with his cheeks kind of pink. I tilt my head but looked away from him. Cory was picking his food not really eating it. Lily looked a bit glum. Only Vic and Farley seemed to be their usual self. I wondered if I should tell Vic I did get a gift from someone but then everyone would question me.

"You all suck. I'm the only one to give a gift to someone." Vic huffed and looked at me pouting. "You didn't get my gift?"

My eyes snapped up from my food and I stared at him wide-eyed. My heart was beating my chest harshly. I ended up biting my lip hard without knowing almost making it bleed.

"Gift..? You gave me a gift?" I hesitated.

"Yeah." he huffed sitting up and I felt eyes on me from some of my friends.

I wasn't going to lie. If Bookie was Vic which is what it seems to me I would be disappointed. I looked away and words left my lips. Never did I think I would do that and it was wrong.

"Sorry no," disappointment seeping through my voice.

"Aw.." Vic's face fell and guilt panged my heart that slows down.

"Yeah...sorry but um.." I pulled up my bag and started passing out gifts to everyone.

All my friends seem to be thankful for what I got them. Vic was very happy and kept apologizing for not giving me the gift like he thought he did, saying he must have sent it to the wrong house. Cory seemed to be the one that was the least thankful on the outside. I knew he was happy with the skull piercings I got for his ears. But I also knew he wouldn't show me he was happy. Everyone was happy while I was... I don't know.

The rest of the day I kind of kept to myself. I talked a bit to my friends in the classes I had with them though. Once my last class was over I was kind of happy to go home and rushed outside faster than normal. When I was outside waiting for dad I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Clyde.

"Hey something seems to be off with you," he said gently messing with the cap he usually wore whenever he could.

"Oh...is it obvious?" I glanced away with warm cheeks.

"Kind of, your silence is less awkward and seems more like sadness," he said moving his head so his face is in front of mine.

I huffed my face getting hot. "I'm not always awkward..." I pretty much lied again. I hated lying. "Okay I am almost always awkward...and yes I'm kind of upset," I mumbled.

"Oh? Do you not want to talk about it?" he stepped back to give me some space as his cornflower blue eyes searched mine.

"Not really I still want to think to myself about it. I'll be okay." I said nodding and Clyde sighed but placed a hand on my shoulder smiling even though he was a bit shorter than me.

"Okay, Oakely but I'm here if you need anything. We could call anytime," he said causing me to smile as I relaxed.

"Thanks, Clyde, I'll try to remember that. You can do the same." I said as our other friends came out.

"Bye suckers!" Cory said as Lily followed close to his arm and Vic rolled his eyes as he walked over to us with Farley.

"Don't go on a bus today?" I asked Vic and he waved his hand smirking.

"I can take my own self home. I got myself a car," he said waving over to the parking lot. "Let me show you guys," he said leading the way and the three of us followed him.

My eyes widen at the black shiny car. It must have been new. It kind of made me want to have my own car. But I didn't really know how to drive, guess I should ask dad to teach me how to drive. Speaking of the bell I hear honking and my dad starts looking around.

"I better get going," I said walking back.

"I can drive you home!" Vic called and I laughed awkwardly shaking my head and waved them goodbye.

~ XD finally for this event down just a few more to go! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!