37

Bookie never answered that day. I got kind of worried. Okay, maybe more than that, very worried. I kept bothering dad about it and he told me he's probably busy. He was probably right but my mind wouldn't let me let it go. It just kept going with thoughts to make me worry more.

Before I know it I'm heading to bed. I sent him a goodnight text hesitantly. I only sent him three texts in total...so it shouldn't be that bad to send him a goodnight message. I went to bed hoping he would answer back soon. But when I woke up instead of a message from Bookie, there were an overload of messages from the group chat.

Lily:

Happy Birthday! 🎂

Vic:

You're old now

Cory:

Farley the February baby

Clyde:

We all should celebrate!

Farley:

Thanks everyone!

Shut up Vic

That's when it hit me. It was Farley's birthday and I guess I was the only one who didn't know. I was too busy focusing on other things. I frowned while typing a message out and pressed send.

Me:

Clyde is right! We should all celebrate :)

Oh geez, that looked a bit creepy

Farley:

Lol, it's okay and sorry I'll be with my family for the most today. Yesterday I spent most of my time with them too

Lily:

Aw, well have a good day then!

Vic:

Old men are the only people who don't have parties with their friends for their birthday

Farley:

Thanks Lily. I'm ignoring you Vic

Cory:

If you have free time let us know

Clyde:

Yeah!

Me:

Have a Happy Birthday Farley!

Farley:

Okay! Thank you everyone!

Minus Vic

Vic:

Whatever dude!

I shook my head at the two and text my mom goodmorning. Then I went on Featherbook. I didn't get any notifications and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any either but I wanted to check to make sure of it anyway. And of course there still were no messages from Bookie. But it was still kind of early so he could just reply later on today.

I decided to get up and distract myself. Dad was still asleep or just in his room doing work. I went downstairs and started looking through he cabinets and fridge to get an idea of what to eat. What would take up a lot of time? Making breakfast for my father and me would do just the trick. I thought of possibly just looking up recipes but I remember I had left my phone upstairs in my room. I found mix for pancakes and decided to just add some fruit to it.

As I was in the middle of cooking I hear footsteps coming near. I turn around just in time to see dad in his pajamas yawning. He looks extra tired with those bags under his eyes. He walked over line a zombie and made himself some coffee.