21

Farley had called me instead of my mother that night of Thanksgiving. We talked about the event that had happened before finally. It was like getting closure and he explained that it bothered him at first but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have some friends supporting him. So I quickly agreed of course saying I and I'm sure the others wouldn't mind supporting him. Soon Christmas was growing nearer, winter break had began after stressful finals ended and so it was getting colder. But that didn't make me cancel on going to his invite that chilly night. And neither did it make the others. So we all went to Blue Ginger together to see Farley.

Clyde and Lily were the first there. I waved at them smiling and they waved back smiling. I heard the door open and turned my head to look. Vic and Cory both had came in. Cory shot Vic a glare and Vic huffed walking ahead of him to us. I waved at them and took a seat next to Clyde at the table him and Lily sat at. Vic sat next to me and Cory glanced at us before the empty space by Lily and sat there taking it up.

"So where's our little singer?" Lily asked smiling and I glanced around at the stage.

"No one seems to be up playing yet." Vic said looking away from the stage and I did the same.

"Maybe I can go ask when people will be singing?" Clyde volunteered.

"Or maybe he bailed." Cory said and waved over a guy to get him a drink.

"Cory!" Lily huffed and hit his arm. "That's rude."

"And I don't think he would bail." Clyde said and I nodded.

"Well he could have." Vic said.

"Ow, we agree." Cory said making a face and Lily giggled.

"Well I'll go ask." Clyde said glancing at Vic and I to get up which we did so he could get out.

"Maybe I should go look for Farley?" I suggested as Vic sat down.

"Well if you want." Vic said shrugging and I glanced at the others.

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea." Lily said smiling.

"Yeah, just don't get lost." Cory said and I nodded smiling.

"I'll be back." I said and walked away from the table to look. "Farley?" I called out softly looking around then saw from the corner of my eye something shift behind the curtains.

I went over there, careful to not bump into anyone and climbed up onto the stage. But light then turned on and shined on me. Eyes flew towards me and I gulped. The eyes stared at me, it felt like they were burning a hole in me. I blinked and that's when I realized no one was looking at me really. I let out a breath then pulled the curtain to go behind it. There stood Farley gripping onto his guitar.

"Um..hey." he said biting his lip.

"Why aren't you on stage?" I asked walking towards him.

"Last minute stage fright." he breathed out before looking at other guys and girls that was practicing or putting on makeup.

"You'll do great." I said and his eyes flew to me.

"I don't know. I'm not use to people I know here...watching me." he said taking a deep breath before letting it out.

"Well that's what makes this better." I said smiling and he relaxed his grip on his guitar.

"I guess so..." he mumbled.

"And you guessed right. I know you'll do amazing." I said glancing at the ground feeling a bit awkward now.

"Thanks." I heard him say and glanced up to see a slight smile before he walked past me, out on stage and a few others with instruments followed him.