20

The whole car ride after the concert was silent. Whenever dad tried to speak I switched my phone from silent to vibrate to act like I had someone text me. I text Bookie that my night would have gone so great but it was ruined. I flopped down on my bed with my face buried in my pillow. I kicked my shoes off and wiggled myself under the covers then pulled out my phone to see if he replied. Which he did not. I groaned putting my phone on the charger then laid back down to notice I still had the lights on. And before I could even complain while getting up to turn them off dad comes in. I groaned again burying my face in the pillow more as I heard his footsteps grow closer until I felt him sit on my bed.

"Hey bug, I just want to let you know that you did amazing for your first concert," he said.

"Thanks, dad," I mumbled.

"And the voice crack really made the song better."

"You can stop talking now dad."

"No really."

I sat up and glared at him but I couldn't stop from the corners of my lips twitching up. Dad smiled at me and ruffled my hair making me pout.

"Your growing up, that's all," he said and I huffed feeling my cheeks heat up slightly from the memory of the moment.

"Yeah yeah dad," I said and he chuckled getting up walking over to the door.

"Don't stress over it. No one is going to think about it. And if they do, they won't for long." he said as I laid down.

"Okay, dad," I said smiling slightly and got comfortable.

"Night bug.," he said putting one hand on the doorknob and the other near the light switch.

"Night dad," I said and he switched the lights off then closed the door gently.

I turned in bed staring at the ceiling. Thoughts swirled around my head. Mostly about my voice cracking. Then some about Bookie, wishing he would reply back. But possibly it's late where he is too and he's asleep or maybe just busy. I turned again in my bed as more thoughts swarmed but this time about what dad said. It made me relax a bit more and I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes again it was bright. I covered my eyes slightly glancing at the window. It was a clear blue sky today with the sun trying to burn me and others eyes. I sat up rubbing my eyes then checked my phone to see I had missed calls, surprisingly a lot of messages, and not surprisingly a message from Feather book that was most likely from Bookie. I wondered why I had all these notifications though. I clicked on messages. Vic, Farley, Clyde, Cory, and Lily all had to text me on the group chat that was last used on my birthday.

Vic:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Farley:

Happy Thanksgiving.

Clyde:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Lily:

Back to all of you as well!!!!

Cory:

Happy Thanksgiving.

I smiled and giggled. They were so kind, I'm glad we were all friends. I started typing back a reply.

Me:

Hehe, Happy Thanksgiving you all!

I clicked off my messages and went to Feather book. I clicked on my messages with Bookie and he had to text me happy thanksgiving as well. I smiled replying back to him now.