10

I blinked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my messy, slightly curly hair. That's when it hit me. I smiled crookedly at my reflection in the mirror that copied it.

It's Saturday, no school.

I brushed my teeth grinning to myself. I took a shower then got dressed and headed down the stairs. An aroma of French toast filled the air. I licked my lips and hurried to the kitchen. Dad turned to me smiling as I sat down at the small table quickly with my mouth just watering at the smell. He chuckled placing a plate in front of me.

After we both ate dad told me he had to make copies so he was going to go to the library. He said I could come with or either stay home. I decided to go with him since I might find some nice books there.

As soon as we got there I ran to the books, quietly of course. I skimmed my fingers down the rough looking books. Most books that felt and looked like this are good books. I grabbed a red one and a hand from the other side grabbed it. I blinked and sighed letting go of it. The book was pulled away then a head popped up. Familiar cornflower blue eyes looked at me.

"Clyde?" I said as he jumped gripping the place where the book once stood.

"Hey Oakely," he said grinning.

"Hey," I said waving awkwardly and he laughed walking away making me quirk an eyebrow.

Where'd he go?

"Hey-" I immediately jumped at the noise next to me turning around quickly to find Clyde quirking an eyebrow at me.

"Do-Don't do that," I said rubbing my arm looking down, feeling my face heat up.

"Sorry." he laughed softly. "Also here," he said giving me the book and I shook my head about to hand it back but he put his hands up. "I saw you I thought but I wanted to make sure and wanted to move the book out of the way." he laughed and I nodded giggling.

"Oh, well yeah that was me. So what are you here for?" I asked, immediately regretting the dumb question I just asked.

"Looking at books, you?" he asked.

"Same," I said nodding and he nodded.

"Well I better get going;" he grinned at me before leaving. "See ya Oakely," he said and I waved awkwardly.

"Made a friend?" I jumped and turned around to find my dad chuckling.

"All ready to go?" he asked quirking an eyebrow and I nodded.

Once we got home I texted Bookie then went into my walk-in closet to finish painting it. By the time I was done it was about ten, still in the morning. I checked my phone and groaned to myself finding he text me like an hour ago.

CyberGeek: Sorry, I was painting

BookerBooker: It's fine, painting what?

CyberGeek: The walls

I put my phone down and washed my hands. I got a towel wetting it slightly then wiped off my phone. My phone vibrated and I clicked on his message.

BookerBooker: Oh, cool. I am painting also as well. But not exactly the walls but the paint on them.

CyberGeek: Ooooh I wanna see, I mean um like if you wouldn't mind.

I mentally facepalmed. I need to stop being nosey. But I can't help it. I want to know so much about him.

BookerBooker: Um...I don't know I can tell you what I'm painting.

My heart sank. For the first, my awkwardness has weirded him out. I chewed my lip and typed.