40

I went after Cory while the others handled the party and comfort Lily. I wasn't sure if Cory would even want to see me. But I knew Vic probably wouldn't be able to help and I thought Farley and Clyde would be best with helping. And that was with either of them but they left this to me. I couldn't let them down or Lily, especially Cory.

Eventually Cory stopped running. He was near this huge garbage can. I assumed that is where Lily and the houses near hers threw away their trash. I took a deep breath of fresh air before walking over. I was nervous of course but also knew it was going to smell terrible over there. After a bit of breathing the air I walked over to him. He glanced up and glared at me.

"I just want to talk." I say frowning a little as I take a few steps closer to him.

"Totally not obvious." Cory scoffs rolling his eyes. "But I rather not talk about it, especially with you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask huffing and pout a little.

"That is what I mean, you're like an alien to this world. You're so..weird." he says making a face.

"Oh.." I mumble looking down.

"Look...I'm sorry I just don't want to talk to you about this. What happened when I told Lily stuff.... I think me and people are just a bad combination." he says causing me to look up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"But you're a person too...that doesn't make any sense. And people make mistakes, Lily seems to feel really bad. I'm a bit confused about what happened though." I reply inching closer but he gives me a death stare, so I move away a bit.

"Well I guess you already saw us almost kiss." he says sighing and I feel my face heat up. "Don't be such a blusher Oakely, it's not like you were the one about you kiss someone." he says rolling his eyes and I huff. "Anyway, I told Lily we should just stay friends. I'm not ready to be in a relationship, especially with her...well a girl. I'm gay."

"Gay." I hear leave my mouth.

"Um...yeah, you do know what that is right?" he asks quirking and eyebrow.

"Yeah." I say thinking of Bookie and fiddle with my phone in my pocket.

"Are you uncomfortable with it?" he asks smirking and I see his eyes glisten while narrowing on me.

"No, I just thought of something." I say leaving my phone alone.

"Oh, well...yeah plus I'm not over someone completely yet." he says looking away from me.

"Over who?" I ask about to lean back on the dumpster and move away from it quickly.

"Vic." he says laughing genuinely at first before it seems to sound more pitiful.

"You two dated?" I ask as my eyes widen.

"Hush! You're so loud, and no...not exactly. We were a thing." he says shrugging.

"What happened?" I ask frowning.

"It's complicated, I don't want to talk about it. And this time I actually mean it." he says laughing a little and sighs.

"I think you should try to um..get over Vic." I mumble and he looks at me quickly.

"Yeah, he already likes you." he scoffs and I bite my lip making him frown slightly. "Sorry, I know you don't like him back. I thought that would make me happy since he gets to suffer now but it doesn't. Plus he kissed you...and ugh that love letter I was gonna send him was stupid." he mumbles while shaking his head.

"That was awhile ago... so how do you feel now?" I ask looking at him.

"I now feel conflicted about Lily, Vic still but not as much. I still hate him a little for what happened..but I guess I should move on. Not sure about me moving on to Lily though." he says rolling his eyes.