27

The way home in the car I kept thinking about the gift I got. Bookie and Vic were stuck on my mind. Not unusual for Bookie to be...but what if Vic was Bookie? He did like blue jays too now to remember it. I shook my head to make the thoughts go away well for now. I decided I needed to talk to someone about this and the only person that kind of knew about Bookie was dad. Taking a deep breath I shot for it.

"Dad what would you do if you found out the person you know on an app might be someone you know at school?" I asked and his eyes glanced at me through the rear mirror.

"I guess I would be excited and happy?" Dad asked as a question more than a statement.

"Well, I guess so...but I'm not," I mumbled sinking down in my seat a bit.

"Um, why not?" he quirked his eyebrow glancing at me before looking back at the road.

"It could be Vic...and I um...I don't know I'm disappointed I guess." I sighed sitting up and played with the seatbelt across my chest.

"Isn't Vic a friend of yours? What's the problem?" his voice laced with confusion.

"I'm not really sure actually." I thought to myself a bit trying to figure out the answer to dad's question but my mind just didn't want him to be Bookie.

"Well, I think maybe because something new can be intriguing. Since you know Vic already and him possibly being the person you met online that you thought you didn't know here is what brings you disappointment," he said as he pulled up into the driveway.

What he said made sense and it felt like he was right. So maybe that was why I was so disappointed. Making sense of why I felt the way I did helped me feel a bit better. But feeling better didn't last too long. Guilt rushed over the feeling as I realized how my disappointment would hurt Bookie if he was Vic. And how exactly would I be able to find out if he was Vic or not? I could ask him if he was Vic but would he answer? And if he wasn't I would still feel bad either way but I want to know.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice ask and I looked up to see dad in the doorway of the kitchen looking at me.

"Uh yeah, sorry just thinking." I nodded before heading upstairs to my room.

When I got to my room I decided to work on my homework. Hopefully, that would get my mind off Bookie for the time being. Once I was done with my work I would text Bookie and try to figure things out. I couldn't believe they gave us homework on the first day back but I think dad warned me about this. When I was homeschooled then again I didn't really have holiday breaks much I still had work to do. But dad also said school could be like that too.

Eventually, I finished my homework. I put it back in my backpack and got off my bed. Dad seemed to still be making dinner. I could go help him with dinner to have something to do or use my laptop in my closet. Leaving my room I decided to go help dad with dinner. When I got to the kitchen it looked like he was already close to being done.

"Hey, bug." he shot me a smile when he noticed I came in.

"So we're having meatloaf?" I asked looking around at the food.

"Yeah with mash potatoes with some green beans and corn. You can help me shuck the corn," he said and I nodded sitting at the table.

As I worked on the corn he was getting a bowl out for the mash potatoes. I hummed to myself then glanced at the mash potatoes as he poured gravy over them. I licked my lips staring at the food and ended up almost hurting myself. By fear, I jumped yelping a bit causing dad to turn his attention on me. It happened again too but not because of my hunger this time. My thoughts went to Bookie and Vic.

"Maybe you should go do homework if you hadn't already." dad said taking away the bowl of corn.

"Already have." I huffed glancing at my hands.

"Well, you're too distracted to help with the food. I don't want you hurting yourself," he said motioning me to get up which I did while grumbling as he took over.

I went upstairs back to room grabbing my laptop and went into my closet. I guess I could try out my laptop to distract me. Calling mom on skype to see if it works well would be good. Talking to mom should do the job. I sat on the floor leaning back against the wall turning on my laptop. That's when I realized I've never really used a laptop or something this advanced computer wise at least. Mom would never let me go on her laptop and didn't want me going on dad's either.

I scratched my head looking at the screen confused but realized it was kind of like a phone. I eventually set it up and searched up skype on google. There were a bunch of app suggestions and I happened to find Featherbook. Was this a sign that I should contact Bookie? I clicked on skype first to download then clicked on Featherbook and found out it was also a website. Going on the website would save me more space so I went on it instead of downloading the app. I logged in and went to my messages.

CyberGeek: Hey! Um, can I ask you a personal question?

After sending the message I deeply regretted it. I didn't like the way I asked and well worded it completely. But I couldn't edit it or anything. What was sent was sent and there was no going back.

BookerBooker: You can but depending on what it is about depends if you get an answer or not.

CyberGeek: Um well is your real name BookerBooker?

Great just great. I mean I'm pretty sure that wasn't his name and if it was well then at least I would know he wasn't Vic. But why of all ways to figure that out did I ask that? This question might not even help me get closer to the answer.

BookerBooker: No is your real name CyberGeek?

I huffed at his question. He has got to be kidding me. I bet he was messing with me I knew he was. But of course, I typed my reply anyway with my lips not able to conceal the slight laughter wanting to get out.

CyberGeek: No *huffs*

BookerBooker: I didn't think so.

CyberGeek: Does your real name start with a V?

BookerBooker: No are you going to ask if it starts with A, D, every letter of the alphabet until you get the right letter?

CyberGeek: No!!!! I'm done now, humph. Sorrrryy ):

Even though I sent that frowny face I was relieved. I felt a bit happy but I did feel bad for asking him those questions. They might have made him feel uncomfortable. But now I knew he wasn't Vic. There was still a bit of guilt left that I felt but I just need to be more open on who Bookie could be. Unless he's an elderly person of course.

BookerBooker: Lol, it's okay. So does your first name start with a C?

CyberGeek: Nope! But you're close.

BookerBooker: D?

CyberGeek:...Sorry, I just realized I misled you lol.

My face was a bit warm from embarrassment. I didn't mean to mislead him. But C was like an O just missing a piece that closed it up. If he got my letter right I would want to know his letter but I guess I would have to guess for it which I told him I wouldn't do.

BookerBooker: Wow some hint giver you are- I'm joking.

CyberGeek: Lol I know.

BookerBooker: Good I don't want you running off all upset and confused (:

My face got warmer as I read his message. I huffed grumbling as I typed my reply. But the curves of my lips went up as my heart flip-flopped.

CyberGeek: Humph whatever!

~ Was almost close to halfway to 2,000 words! Hope you all enjoyed the chapter also I wrote this yesterday haha.