4

I woke up finding myself on the floor. I grumbled sitting up slowly looking around. My vision was a bit hazy still but I could see some things they were just blurry and it was really bright in here. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes then blinked. I saw that my curtains was the problem. They were slightly open but also a light color so the light seeped through them easily. I stood up yawning and rubbed my back before stretching.

"Morning sleepy head." Dad said popping his head in my room with a mug of coffee probably.

"Morning." I mumbled rubbing my eye. "What time is it?" I asked pulling my cover back onto the bed as he checked his watch on his wrist.

"Just know your not late for school." he said grinning and I groaned crawling back in bed.

I completely forgot it was Sunday yesterday. The weekend went by so fast.

"Get up." he said trying to tug the cover off me as I gripped it tight.

"No school. I'm sick." I said fake coughing and I knew he was probably glaring down at me.

He tugged the cover hard this time making me tumble out of bed tangled in the cover. He chuckled as I pouted getting up rubbing my back.

"Get ready for school." he said yawning before leaving my room and I huffed heading into the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth, I was dressed, had decent hair and ready to go. I walked downstairs then into the kitchen. My mouth watered at the smell of biscuits. I sat at the table and dad placed a plate of two biscuits in front of me butter melting down on them with a side of syrup. I dug in as he poured me a glass of orange juice and placed it next to my plate. By the time I was done he was also done with his coffee so he got his keys and we were on our way to his car.

"I'm scared." I said as dad drove to my school which was called East Town High School kind of sounded ordinary which I was far from it.

"Take a deep breath Oakely." he said and I groaned but did as he said.

Soon he parked in front of this huge building. Crowds of kids everywhere. I squirmed as dad handed me a paper that was my schedule.

"Bye kiddo." he said before driving off and I just waved frozen in place.

He could have walked me in...I guess that would be a bit embarrassing if he did though. I sighed putting my hand down and started walking towards the steps. My shoes and the ground I walked on seemed pretty interesting at the moment. I stared at them until I was up the steps and opened the door only to look down again once I was in the building.

My first class was Algebra 2. I headed to room 209. I was the first student in class. I went to the middle section and took a seat next to the wall. The teacher seemed to be busy on their laptop. I played with my fingers looking down. A classroom with desks....lots of them. Meaning lots of kids. But this is school, a public school for that matter.

A boy with mossy brown hair walked in. His blue brown eyes scanned the room then landed on me. I looked away quickly as he smiled walk in over.

"I haven't seen you before." he said and I squirmed.

"I-I'm new here." I mumbled and he nodded taking a seat next to me.

"That's cool, don't stress out too much you'll be fine. Not everyone is mean plus this is high school, most people don't have time to bully." he said and I nodded relaxing slightly.

I looked at his hair which was a nice color and so was his eyes. His hair was a bit long. He glanced at me as I was about to reach to touch his hair. My cheeks heated up and I put my hands down.