×nine×

Y/n P.O.V.

I needed to stop. Jack was a friend. Jack was just trying to help. Jack wanted to be a good friend.

So why was I taking this in such a weird way. I had only known him for a few weeks.. I couldn't have feelings for him now.. Already? He didn't like me anymore than I should have liked him. He probably liked those girls who sat in the back of the room during class with their heels and short skirts. Yuck.

"Twinkie? Heyy? Y/n? Wanna go out?" Jack was sitting on the chair next to the couch where I was sitting. I must have spaced out.

"Out where?"

"I don't know. You don't have classes until Thursday, right?"

I nodded, sighing of relief that we were getting a break. No terms to study for either.

"Well, we could go with Mark out to play laser tag.. Although.. You may not want to go.. There's.. Weird people there."

Weird people? I was sitting next to one, but maybe he meant weird as in pedophiles. It sounded like somewhere men would go to find little kids. Ugh.. Why would I ever think about that. That made me hate the idea of going to last tag.

"How about," I spoke up, thinking aloud, "The park. Out in Glendale. Mike hates parks and Glendale is further out so he wouldn't go out that way."

Jack smiled, nodding, "Alright. Let's go." He stood up and walked over to a box sitting on the table, "Here are some clothes for ya."

He handed me the box, showing me the brand new clothes. I smiled. A red velvet long sleeved turtle neck with blue jeans and white socks. A matching red beanie was on top of it all.

How did he know me so well? Oh yeah.. I made it too easy by wearing a turtle neck and jeans to class every day. The beanie, though, was new, but I loved it anyway.

I smiled and sprinted into the bathroom, putting my new clothes on. I came out, happy as I could be. Jack smiled, seemingly happy that I enjoyed his gift, "I'm glad you're happy. You need to smile more again. I miss it."

He turned and opened the door, holding it for me as I walked to his car. The one I almost got hit by when we first met. Ahh.. Memories..

But.. He missed my smile? I guess that wasn't too surprising, but in a way, it did surprise me. The fact that he missed me smiling made me want to smile. He cared. The feeling of him actually caring was such an amazing feeling. It had been such a long time since I got that pleasure.

We sat in the car, Jack fiddling with the keys to find the right one. He found them and put them into the ignition, pausing for a moment as he looked at me.

"Y/n?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Well.. Um... Never mind. Let's just go."

I watched as he pulled out of drive way, wondering. What did he want to tell me? I wanted to get my hopes up, but I didn't allow it. I didn't want to get hurt.

Sorry its short.
Love you all <3

Also.. I'm bored. Post a bunch of questions for me to answer on my board please. Thank you