×forty two×

The room was dark and empty. I opened my eyes to find nothing but the small light hanging above me. I tried to move, but my hands and feet were tied to a pole behind me. What was worse, my shirt was in shreds and my pants were torn so that they were only thigh length.

I tried to move again, "Hello? Is anyone there?! Please! Help me!"

There was only silence. All except for my loud breathing and the jittering of the chains around my ankles.

Who would do this? Why would they do this to me? What have I done wrong?

That's when I could hear footsteps, getting louder and louder. Something coming towards me in the shadows.

"Hello? W-Who's there?"

"Why it's only your loving husband dear." Josh appeared from the darkness, smiling slightly, "Hello hun."

"Josh! Thank goodness! Please, untie me! These ropes are hurting my wrists."

He chuckled, "I'm afraid that I can't do that."

I looked up at him in confusion, "What? Why?"

"Because that would defeat the purpose of tying you up in the first place," He caressed my cheek slightly before laughing again, "Dumb girl."

He pushed my face away as he walked away from me. Anger rose as I struggled in my ropes, "You! You ass! Why would you do this to your own wife?!"

"Because I know what you've been thinking, Y/n. I know exactly what you think you're going to do and I can't allow it."

"What are you talking about?"

He looked back at me and shook his head, "You think you're going to leave me? Leave me for that selfish man? What does he have that I don't, Y/n? I have fame, money, I even gave you a child. Yet, you want to go running to him. The bastard who left you a long time ago."

"Sean? He... He treats me better than anyone else has in my entire life."

"And what about me, Y/n?! Have all these years of love and affection meant nothing to you?! Has everything I've done meant nothing?! I've done it all for you, my dear. All so that you can be happy.. But you still wish to be with him. Why? Why Y/n?! What have I done that makes him better?!"

He walked back up to me, gripping me chin with his fingers, tightly, glaring at me, "Have I done nothing to deserve your love? Have I not been the best husband I could be?"

"J-Josh, I don't want to leave you... I-I care about Sean too, but I love you more-"

"Liar!! You are nothing but a liar! I know, Y/n. I know you want to be with him more than me! So if I can't have you, then he can't either! You can stay here... For the rest of your miserable life. You'll be forced to love me." He started to calm back down as he smiled and placed a kiss on my lips. He chuckled, "You'll be with me... Forever, Y/n. And there's nothing you can do about it."

He turned away from me and began to leave. I shook my head, rapidly trying to stop him, "No! Wait! Don't leave me! Josh! Please! Don't do this!"

It was too late. Josh had departed into the darkness, leaving me alone again. The ropes and chains had felt like they were getting tighter. My lungs felt like they were about to collapse, as if I had just run a marathon.

I screamed. Screamed into the darkness as tears began to run down my cheeks, "Josh!!!! Don't leave me in this hell!!! Please!!"

I screamed until my throat was sore and my mouth had run dry. It felt as if hours were going by. Nothing seemed to be coming for me. No one seemed to come and save me. I was alone.. In a dark, empty room with nothing to comfort me.

The footsteps returned and I hoped it was Josh, changing his mind, but instead...

Sean.

Sean saw me and walked up to me as I began to cry tears of joy, "Sean! Please help me.."

"How did you get here? Who did this to you?" He asked wiping my tears away. I frantically tried to catch my breath as I tried to explain, "I woke up here.. And.. Josh.. He.. He did this.. He thinks I don't.. Love him.."

"Why would he think that?"

"B-Because... He thinks I love you instead.."

He looked up at me and stared into my puffy red eyes, then shot a glance at the ground. He seemed hurt and broken.

I bit my lip and sighed, "Can you please get me down? Please Sean.."

A long pause of silence before he muttered, "Why should I?"

"What?"

"Why should I, Y/n? I mean, you were the one to say you don't love me anymore. You love that bastard. Why don't you stay with him?"

I shook my head, "Sean, no.. Please.. Let me down."

"No, Y/n. I don't understand why you love this guy? First he tells you I'm dead, then he claims to be the father of my child, and then he does this?! Why should I untie you? Maybe you should learn that those things you said to me hurt!"

"Dead? He was the one who told me you were dead?!"

Sean rolled his eyes and turned away to leave. I yelped and tried to reach out to grab him, but my hands were still tied, "Sean! No! Wait!"

"Just stay with your precious husband. You deserve each other. Enjoy the douche bag while he lasts."

He slowly walked back into the darkness. I felt my throat being crushed and I was losing the ability to breath. Tears were running down my face at a quick rate. I struggled to free myself, "Sean!!!! Help me!!"

No answer.

"Help!!! Help!! He-!!!"

My eyes shot open and I was screaming before I could stop myself. Sweat drenched my body and I had a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"Shh... Y/n? It's okay. It was only a dream."

I looked over to see Josh, sympathetically holding me. He looked concerned and he continued to try and calm me down, but so many thoughts were going through my head.

Josh told me Sean was dead?

He thinks I want to be with Sean?

Sean thinks I want to be Josh?

... Who do I want to be with?

Who do I really love?