×thirty one×

Jack P.O.V.

"He isn't answering," I said after trying to call Mark a few times. Craig had shown up a few minutes after Tyler called him.

"Well, I guess he's going to miss out on... Whatever it is we are doing. Y/n hasn't answered me either. They'll call when they see they missed a call from us." Tyler said as he placed his phone on the side table.

Craig sat next to him on the couch, leaving me to sit on the other side of the room, alone.

"So, Mike is in prison with at least 25 years.. Maybe even life."

"That's a good thing," I said and watched as Craig laughed, "Isn't it funny how I show no compassion for my own client?"

"Who would feel compassion for him? Did you know he was suspected for murder cases?" Tyler said grabbing his phone to look through it, "He was suspected of killing a woman named Lisa Mendler a couple of years ago. He was found not guilty because of lack of evidence."

I scowled in disgust, "I'm so glad he's gone. The bastard is getting what he rightfully deserves."

There were multiple loud knocks on the door and yelling.

"Jack! Jack?! Open the door!!"

I stood up and walked over to the door, opening it to find Mark, sweaty and panting.

"W-Were you running?"

"Yes. I don't have my car. I'm sorry I can't be happy about you being alive, right now. Trust me, I'm ecstatic, but we have a big problem!"

Tyler and Craig had stood up by now, walking closer.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to you?" I asked.

He shook his head and pulled out his phone showing a phone call from... My mother.

"Why'd she call? Is she alright?"

Mark frantically grabbed my wrist, pulling me with him, "She called and said Y/n ran out of her house with her gun. She was crying and she kept muttering about you being dead."

"Wait... She thinks I'm dead? She... She has a gun?! Fuck! Get in the car, all of you!" I yelled, running for my car and jumping into the driver seat. Mark sat next to me and as the other two got in the back he said, "How do you know where she is though? She could be anywhere."

"I have a feeling I know where she is.." I said, backing out of my driveway and driving as fast as I could to her house.

Y/n P.O.V.

I did this to him. He's dead because of me. It should have been me. I should have never brought him into this. Now he's dead..

I couldn't get the phone call out of my mind. All I could think was those terrible words, "He is dead."

I sobbed even harder as I walked through the house I once called my home. The place where Mike kept me hidden from the world. It should have stayed like that.

I was wreckless... Now I'm ashamed of who I am. I shouldn't be alive. I should have died a long time ago.

I waved the gun around in my hand as I looked along the pictures on the walls. My mom... My dad... Why couldn't they be here? I was all alone again in this world..

But not for long...

I pressed the gun into the side of my head, my body quivering in fear. Memories flooding back.

I met Jack after he almost hit me with his car..

I went with Mark and Jack to a café where they gave me the nicknames Twinkie and Rose.

Jack took me in and took care of me, caring for well being.

We went to a bar, got drunk, kissed, and I was taken away, only for him to save me again.

Then Mike beat me.. Raped me.. And he still came running to protect me.

He almost went to jail in place of Mike... But then he was shot and.. Died..

I felt my finger hesitating to pull the trigger as I could hear loud knocking on the door. I shook my head and stepped back, "Leave me!! Leave me in this hell!!!"

Sound began to blur as the door was knocked down. I saw Mark.. Tyler.. Craig..... I lowered the gun for a moment.

Sean?

No.. He's dead. I'm hallucinating. A doctor told me he was dead. He has to be dead.

"It is too late for me.. He's dead.. And.. It's all my fault.. It should have been me." I raised the gun back up to my head, ready to pull the trigger.

"No!! No!! Y/n! Wait! Don't do it! I'm alive! I promise you! I'm alive! Look at me!" His voice.. So familiar, yet so distant.

I smiled sadly as I looked at him, "It's okay. I'm going to be with you soon."

"Y/n.. Please. I beg of you. Give me the gun. Listen to me.. I'm not dead. Whoever told you that is a lying douchebag. I am right here," he seemed to reach towards me.

I stepped back and looked up sadly, tears dripping off my chin onto my chest. "I'm sorry I did this to you Sean."

"No!!!"

I pulled the trigger.

There was a loud bang.

"I love you."