×fifty two×

Enjoy this picture of Jack as an apology for not updating as much as I should..

I've been really sad lately, but hopefully writing will cheer me up.

Also.. Very short chapter, but I'm going to work on the next chapter after I publish this one.

We sat in the car after the funeral, quietly as Jacklyn stared at her hands. My heart was nearly beating out of my chest.

Before I could tell her earlier, the funeral started so I had to wait until later. But later had arrived.. And I wasn't ready.

I looked over at Sean to see him looking out the window. He knew what was coming, and maybe he was trying to get ready for any sort of disappointment from her.

I took a deep breath and began to speak, "Do you understand that your father has passed away, Jacklyn?"

She was quiet for a moment before she finally muttered a quiet yes. I nodded and cleared my throat, "What if I told you... Your real father isn't dead?"

Another long silence.

Every second that passed was tearing at me as we waited for her to answer. I knew she was a smart girl, but she was still too young to understand anything to do with how it all worked. I looked back to see Jackie staring up at someone. Not me..

I follow where her eyes seemed to be located at it ended up on the back of Sean's seat.

"Mother?"

"Yes darling?"

"Can I get out of the car?"

I paused for a moment and cleared my throat, "W-What for?"

"Please? You and Jack too."

I didn't argue. I unlocked the doors and we all stepped out onto the sidewalk. No one was around luckily. Instead, since we were in a park, few people seemed to be around. A man walking his dog, and a woman jogging.

Jack and Jacklyn sat down on the bench in front of me. She stared over at Jack with a peculiar face. After another long moment of silence, she looked at me, "Did you make Jack my dad?"

I stared at her, confusion sticking me as many questions popped into my head, but only one remained.

"I-Is that okay?"

She smiled, "You said that maybe he could become my dad.. And now he is! Thank you mother!!"

Sean stared at me, and I stared back, both of us holding a completely dumbfounded expression. A six year old...

I had to remember that six year olds were not going to act like those with a fully developed brain. Jacklyn didn't understand that who she was supposed to see as her father was dead.. And she didn't realize that it is very strange to see a child happy to have a different father than she was originally told.

Jack cleared his throat and looked down at the little girl, "So.. You don't mind me being your dad?"

She simply smiled joyfully as she jumped up and hugged him, catching him once again by surprise, "We can play games and do all sorts of stuff together, won't we daddy??"

"O-Of course, Jackie.."

"Yay!!"

To my relief, it all went better than I expected. I smiled to myself and looked up at the sky.

I was finally going to be truly happy. I never knew how good it felt until that moment.

I looked at the two who were hugging, Jack's eyes tearing up as he hugged his daughter, "Alright. Let's get going. We need to pack up our stuff at the hotel."

Jack stood up, patting the little girl on the head before getting in the passenger seat. Jacklyn stood on the bench, and before I could protest.. She hugged me.

"Momma? Does this mean you do love him? Is that why he's my dad?"

I chuckled, "Yes. I do love him.. But that's not only why he's your dad."

"Why then?"

"That's a story for another day, Jackie. Now get in the car."

"When mommy and daddy love each other very much...."

Lolz(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway~ Enjoy~