×forty one×

Your P.O.V.

I sat silently in the rocking chair, reading one of the books I had bought from the airport back in England.

Marvin took her hand, sobbing as she tried to pull away from him, "Julia.. My love don't leave me. I love you."

"I'm sorry, but... I don't love you. There's... Someone else."

"Who? Who would you possibly love? Who could possibly give you more than I could?"

Julia turned away, the wind blowing through her hair as she stared out into the ocean. She stepped up to the railing and sighed, "I love.... William."

"No! Not William! He's a thief! A villian! He commits nothing but crimes!"

"The only crime he has committed.. Is stealing my heart."

I snorted and shut the book, "How cheesy." Just as I set the book down, I heard the door creak open and then shut in the other room. I looked at the clock and huffed, "12:32. Are you serious?"

I crossed my arms and legs, waiting patiently for Josh to walk in. After a few minutes he finally entered the room, his button up shirt half undone.

He stared at me in slight shock, but played it off by smiling and saying, "Good evening, Y/n."

I chuckled frustratedly and shook my head, "Evening? It's after midnight, Josh. Where the hell have you been?!"

"I was out.. Having a drink."

"Oh I believe it, but that's not all. How much money do you have in your pocket?"

Josh bit his lip and reached into his pocket, pulling out his wallet. I snatched it from him and opened it up, finding it to be empty as I had predicted.

"I knew it! You've been gambling haven't you!?" Although I knew the entire time that he gambled, I wanted him to learn his lesson.

"You know how much I hate gambling!" Josh took back his empty wallet and put it away, "Honey, please. This is all a big misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding?! Tell me what I seem to not understand. You come home past midnight, you stench of alcohol and you are completely out of money. You had almost five hundred in your wallet when you left! If you weren't gambling, what were you doing?!"

He stood there for a moment, silently. He eyes were a obvious sign of guilt, as well as his hands being behind his back. When he was nervous, his hands went behind his back.

I gritted my teeth and stood up, "I hate when you lie to me, Joshua."

"I'm sorry.. It's a bad habit, I know, but I didn't tell you because I didn't want to upset you."

"Well you upset me because you are trying to pretend you don't when you really do! Even back in England you were constantly going out for hours!" I stood in front of him, crossing my arms, "I want this to stop."

"I'll try, but-"

"You will stop. There is no try. All you have to do is stay home with your wife for once. Is that too much to ask?"

He sadly looked away, nodding slightly, "Yes dear.." He leaned in to kiss me, but I stopped him, "I will be in soon."

He simply nodded and left for our bedroom.

I grumbled as I took my phone off the charger. I had a message.

I smiled as I read a message from Jack, "When do you want me to come and get your little girl?"

He had sent the message a few hours ago, so I figured he would be asleep, but I texted him back anyway, "Let's have lunch at the diner next to the hotel."

A few seconds went by before I was given a reply. He simply agreed and told me good night.

Once again, a smile formed on my lips, chuckling softly as I walked into the bedroom. I turned off my phone and set it on the end table.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Sean."

"Why are you talking to him?"

"Because I have a right to speak to whom ever I choose. Now shut up and go to sleep. I'm still mad at you."

He went silent and turned onto his side away from me. I rolled my eyes and pulled off my clothes. I picked up a night gown and threw it on as I saw him peeking over.

I growled and turned away.

He's such a child. It's a miracle I haven't smacked him yet today.

I laid down next to him and eventually drifted off to sleep.