Chapter 3: The Others

Lukas's POV.

"Where's Jesse?" I asked as the others all fell beside me.

Petra gave me a teasing look.

"What? Anybody would be worried about her!" I said. Ok, so maybe I had a crush, but who wouldn't? She was so cute and brave... ok, I'm ranting now.

Ivor was still unconscious on Jesse's back. "Lukas! Look out!" I looked up to see Jess fall on top of me.

"Owwww........."

Suddenly, I heard something explode. "What was that?!" Jesse yelled.

"It came from back there!"

We ran towards the direction of the sound, and at the demolished redstone portal. "Oh no............"

"Harper sacrificed herself to save us," Jess said, wiping off tears. "She told me to tell Soren that he has returned, and find Griffin and Kitsune."

"Griffin and Kitsune?" Olivia spoke up. "Like in that book?"

Olivia's POV.

"Griffin and Kitsune?" I said. "Like in that book?"

All eyes turned to me. "What book?" Petra asked.

"This book I found in Harper's library... called The Story of Herobrine." I told them about what was in the book.

Jesse looked thoughtful. "Okayyyy... but how does Harper know Soren? And why does she want us to tell him?"

"He's a coward," Axel scowled.

"If Ivor was conscious, he could probably tell us, but he's not," Petra said. "So I guess we gotta go find the Old Order."

Jesse's POV.

I took the Altas from Ivor's inventory, and we all headed back home.

*****Time skip****************************************************

Btw, Magnus is dead in this story, Ellegaard's alive.

The Old Order settled in their own house together near the treasure room. I walked up and pressed the doorbell, and was answered by Gabriel.

"Hey Jesse! What–" he gaze traveled to the unconscious Ivor on my back. "happened?"

"Long story," I said. "Can we come in?" Gabriel nodded.

The others followed me in. We walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. I put Ivor down on a couch while Gabriel tended to his wounds. Luckily, it was only a burn, it wasn't anything too serious.

"He'll be fine in a while," Gabriel said, as Ellegaard and Soren walked in.

"Hey Jesse!" Ellegaard waved.

"What brings you here?" Soren asked.

I explained about the attack on Crown Mesa, and Harper.

"Harper?" Soren asked, shock on his face."

"Oh yeah, how do you know her?" Axel asked.

"......Long story," Soren said hesitantly. "Anyways, did she tell you anything else?" he asked, clearly trying to change to subject.

"She said to tell you that he's back, and find Griffin and Kitsune. Do you know who they are?" Jess asked.

Soren's face paled. "Oh......ummm......"

"This is bad. Very bad," Gabriel said.

"What? What are you not telling us?" Axel said suspiciously.

Soren sighed. "Jesse, can you go grab the amulet from your treasure room? We have something to tell you guys."

*****Time skip****************************************************

Petra's POV.

"So, let me get this straight. There were two other people in the Order of the Stone called Griffin and Kitsune, they left when the order disbanded, they had magical powers, and they defeated Herobrine a long time ago?" I said, raising my eyebrows. "And you never told us?"

"Well......" Soren trailed off.

"They told us not to tell anyone about their existence," Ellegaard said. "And eventually, everyone forgot about them."

"And they were the black and gold on this amulet?" Jesse said holding up the amulet in his hand. "Then why didn't we ever see them on this?"

"The amulet does work in the Nether or the End, right?" Lukas reasoned. "So it's safe to assume that it probably wouldn't work in other worlds either. If they're in any one of those places, then we wouldn't have seen them."

"That's true," Jess said.

"I remember them telling us something about dulling their presence unless they were really close," Gabriel said. "So even if they were in this world, it probably wouldn't have sensed them."

"Well, then I guess we're gonna be looking for them, aren't we?" Jesse said.

"Umm, I don't know if that's a good idea..." Ellegaard said.

"Why?" Jess asked.

"They're very wary of others. Like, attack-you-if-you-find-their-hideout type of wary." Soren replied.

"But they're last words to you were, 'we'll always be watching,' right? So shouldn't they know who we are?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, but still... besides, you don't want to be at the receiving side of their weapon. They're really really good at fighting," Gabriel said.

"I'm sure it's nothing we can't handle," I said, confident. "We've practice plenty, and I'm pretty sure we're stronger than them."

"Strength isn't everything when it comes to fighting them," Gabriel said. "Sure, it plays a part, but speed is also a major factor. I remember when I used to practice with Griffin. Her reflexes are like a blur, she's faster than you think."

"But how did they defeat Herobrine in the first place?" Axel asked.

The Order looked uncomfortable. "Well... we'd rather not discuss it," Soren said.

"Oh well," Olivia stood up and made for the door. "Thanks for the information anyways."

"No problem," Ellegaard waved as we made for the door. "We'll take care of Ivor too, so don't worry about it."

Jesse put the amulet back in his pocket, and we all started to head out.

"So, what do you want to do about Herobrine?" Jess said as we walked back to the treasure room.

"I don't know, I mean, we have to do something, but from what the Order said, he's definitely very powerful," Lukas said.

I walked along with them, thinking. Jesse put the amulet back into his inventory. For a second, I thought I saw it flash.

"Jesse? Can you put that amulet out again?" I asked.

"Ok. Why do yo-?" He stopped abruptly as he saw it.

The amulet was glowing. Not just with our colors, but the black part flickered to life.

I'm evil, aren't I? Next chapter comes out next week. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
~Griffinᾦ