Chapter 22: Fire World, Sky World, and....FOOD!!

Jess's POV.

For a moment, all I could hear was the crashing of debris. Then there was silence. Luckily, the roof above us hadn't fallen, but the area where we had come through was now blocked with rubble.

Lukas groaned from beside me. "Lukas! Are you okay?!" I asked, concerned.

He tried to get up, wincing as he put weight on his left foot. "I think I twisted my leg when I tried to avoid the bricks. I'll be fine though."

"Are you guys okay?!" Petra #2 yelled through the wreckage.

"We're fine! But how will we get out?" I wondered.

There was a bit of movement outside, then I saw a rope swing across a piece of the junk. Everyone outside pulled, and for a minute, I was afraid the area we were under would also collapse. But soon enough, there was an area big enough for us to crawl through. We slipped outside, after making sure I had the book.

"Whew, that was close!" I said.

"Oh here, Lukas," Griffin threw him a Healing Potion.

"Thanks."

"So, you said you found a book?" Petra #2 asked.

"Yeah, it was labeled: HELP!!" I explained, then opened it up.

To whoever is reading this:

I wish I could explain in person, but unfortunately I fear I will be gone when someone finds this. The village is─ or has, been destroyed. I don't know if anyone else escaped, but if they did, they probably took the tunnels. We made escape tunnels in case something like this every happened. But he probably knows. Herobrine is─

It abruptly cut off, as if the person writing it had been interrupted.

"Herobrine is.........?" Jazz wondered out loud.

"Maybe if anyone did escape, we could find the tunnel?" I suggested.

"Maybe, although they never mentioned it," Griffin said.

We started to look around for possible entrances, and eventually, found a gaping hole in the ground, which seemed to open into one of them. We gathered around it.

"Think this is it?" Lukas asked.

"Only one way to find out."

We jumped in.

Jesse's POV.

Eventually, Ruby stopped at a much larger island. It was also much lower than the others, and we all landed behind her. The sun was already starting to set.

I noticed a small cavern entrance was also barricaded, guards standing at the entrance. Ruby motioned us behind a small hill.

"We have to get past them," she said. "I don't think they'll let us in if we ask, and that's the only way to get down there. We need a distraction."

"Does this work?" Kitsune tugged at her amulet.

"It should do. As soon as they move, run straight in," she said.

We shifted to the edge, just out of sight. Kitsune threw her amulet, with a whispered "Shadow summon."

Immediately, a translucent image of a kitsune appeared. It bounded forward, catching the guards' attention instantly.

"What's that?" I heard one of them say.

"Probably someone trying to scare us away," another laughed.