Chapter 36: An Idea (the author is running out of chapter title ideas)

Jesse's POV.

"Steve and Alex," Celestia snarled. "What are they doing here?"

Both in question looked over, and flinched at the dark look in her eyes. "Look, we–" Alex raised her hands placating, but Celestia cut her off.

"You killed them! And I suppose you want to apologize now?!" She yelled.

"Erin and Astra sacrificed themselves," Steve murmured. "And Epona jumped to Alex's defense on their own. We couldn't stop them." He was met with a death glare from the pegacorn.

"If Alex was paying attention, then Epona wouldn't have had to jump in front of her!"

"Wait wait wait," Morgan interrupted. "What's going on?"

"You people," Celestia pointed a finger at her accusingly, "did not mention that they would be here."

"We didn't know!" Purple exclaimed, leaping to her friend's defense. "When we left, they weren't here!"

Celestia narrowed her eyes.

"They're right, we weren't here when they left. Herobrine held us captive for a while, and then we escaped. After teleporting out, we stumbled across Griffin and Kitsune," Alex explained.

Celestia glanced sideways at the said two. They nodded, confirming her words.

"Fine. Assuming I believe you, why should I help the people who murdered my mentor?" Her tone was still hostile.

"You shouldn't," Kitsune's voice surprised them all. "But we need help to defeat Herobrine, and he is the one that started this entire thing. Although if Alex reacted faster, Epona might still be alive, he was the one that took her life when she protected Alex."

Celestia let out a long sigh, calming herself down. "Alright, I'll help you. Don't mistake this for forgiveness, though."

"Of course not," Steve agreed, a glimmer of a smile showing on his face.

"Well, now that that's all figured out," I interrupted, drawing all the attention to me. "What are we gonna do now?"

"We need to find where he is," Griffin asserted. "And a way to defeat him."

"Actually, we might have a solution to that," Alex spoke up.

"Really? How?" Jess asked.

"Well, when you've been sitting in a prison cell for who knows how long, it gives you a lot of time to think," Steve said dryly.

"So? How then?" Celestia questioned.

"It takes the power of all the mythical animals," Alex explained. "And an item of binding too."

"But if it gets destroyed, won't he be released once more?" Jess pointed out the obvious flaw.

"Not if we weaken him and then enchant the item with vanishing," Steve explained. "We didn't realize that last time. But we did do some research after he was first imprisoned in the Command Block, and we learned a lot. In first battle, the Command Block we used and the one we gave Griffin and Kitsune was without the vanishing curse, therefore, it could be destroyed. Not to mention, it was more of a last attempt. We didn't prepare to do it, and didn't want to either. With the vanishing enchantment, the item would vanish somewhere else if it was even hit with a fist, which would make it impossible to destroy it."

"Like the ender dragon egg?" Jess interrupted.

Steve nodded. "Kind of, except it teleports much further away. I've heard if it's strong enough, it can even cross dimensions and worlds, but we've never been able to test it ourselves."

"Cool!" Axel interjected. Olivia rolled her eyes.

"But we still need to find where he is though," Alex said.

"Didn't he capture you? How would you not know where he is?" Kitsune asked.

"I mean, it's not like we were allowed out," Steve stated the obvious. "It could've been anywhere. And teleporting back is just as risky as escaping, there's always a chance it might bring us somewhere else if we don't know the exact location."

"Speaking of which, why don't you guys ever teleport?" Petra wondered.

"Well, it's harder to concentrate on getting to the right place in a instant," Griffin explained. "And there are ways to make an area teleport-proof. Our base for example. And it's also impossible to teleport across worlds unless the area is enchanted to do so."

"How do you do that?" Lukas asked curiously.

"Magic," Steve replied, grinning as Lukas's face became annoyed. "But seriously, it would take too long to explain. The Dragon host can do some short teleports in an instant, but nothing like teleporting across worlds. That takes a few moments."

"So, Herobrine could reside just about anywhere, if his base allows otherworldly teleportation," Mizuko said.

"Yep. And because he likes to run around and terrorize so many worlds, I think it's safe to assume that he allows otherworldly teleportation," Alex grumbled.

"Well, we'll get the item first, then I guess we can worry about that. But what items, and how do we get the Binding and Vanishing enchantment?" I asked.

"Well, from what I've researched, any item will work, but preferably something that's hard to break already and maybe less conspicuous," Steve said.

Griffin looked like she was pondering something. "Like the barrier blocks we use?"

"Barrier blocks?" Jess questioned.

"The invisible blocks you jumped on when you found this place," Kitsune explained.

"Actually, that might work," Alex said thoughtfully. "But how are you going to get one? They're just about indestructible, and we found those in one of Herobrine's chests we looted a long time ago."

"I think we have some extra ones after building our base," Kitsune said. "Let me go see." She vanished into a nearby shadow, and was gone for a moment, then reappeared holding something in her hand, although we could see anything.

"Uhhh...where is it?" Axel asked.

"It's invisible," Rush said. "But it's there."

"Ok, but then how are we going to get the enchantments?" Olivia asked.

"Well......" Alex trailed off. "That's the problem. We're pretty sure you can't do it from an enchantment table, and even if we could, I'd rather not continuously test it with a book. If I remember right, there's at least 30 different enchantments, and 87 different levels of enchants in total. Sooo...chances?"

"I will never get how you remember all this stuff," Steve muttered, shaking his head.

"I have my ways."

"So where else can we get an enchantment like that?" River asked.

"Well...there might be another way to get it, because I'm sure he has one..." Steve sighed. "Herobrine probably has both enchantments. When we escaped, we passed an enchantment room, and it had loads of enchantment books. We didn't have time to check through all of them, but there's bound to be Binding and Vanishing enchantments in there. We need to find his base."

In the morning.....
Me: I'm forgetting something.  Hmmmm........
In the afternoon.....
Me: WHAT AM I FORGETTING?!
After writing class in the evening.....
Me: OH SHOOT IT'S A TUESDAY
Me: OH SHOOT I GOTTA POST A CHAPTER
Gets home from writing class.........
Me: OH SHOOT MY PARENTS ARE HOME
Me: *sneaks over to computer*  *starts to copy and paste the chapter into Wattpad*
Me: DONE!
Parents: What are you done with?
Me: Uhhhhhhhhhh helping my friend with a math problem.
Parents: Oh ok
Me: *whew!*
*Sighs* I hate it when I forget to post a chapter while my parents aren't home.  Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griff Out!ᾦ