Chapter 16: History Part II

Jesse's POV.

We gaped in shock at her wound.

"What happened?" Kitsune asked, stopping the images and grabbing some bandages from her inventory.

"...Long story." Griffin winced as Kitsune pressed the bandages against her wound, stanching the flow of blood. "Anyways, what were you guys doing?"

"I was showing them the past," Kitsune said, motioning to the orb.

"Continue." She gestured to the orb, letting it play again.

"Come'on." Alex motioned towards the horde of mobs. "Let's go."

The quartet started running towards the mobs. As the mobs started to head towards them, they held their weapons forward, slicing straight through them while still running.

However, when they reached the middle, there was nothing there.

"Are you sure Herobrine's here, Astra?" Steve asked.

"I saw monsters spawning from here, so I assumed..." she trailed off.

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but by coming here, we're kinda...surrounded?"

The image zoomed out to show them surrounded by a mass of mobs.

"Fly!" Erin shouted, opening her long, birdlike wings, and shooting into the sky. The others followed suit, soaring up next to her.

"Whew, I was not in the mood to–" Astra's comment was cut short by an arrow whizzing right past her ear. "Oops. Forgot about the skeletons."

"Yeah, we should probably–" Alex burned another arrow out of the air, "Get rid of those. Anyone got something that they can shoot? I didn't think would be doing ranged combat, so I left mine back at the base."

"Yeah, I have a bow and some arrows," Steve said, pulling one out. He tried to aim, but had to dodge as another arrow flew towards him. "I don't think shooting them will work."

"How about this?" Erin pulled out some TNT and a flint and steel.

Alex's face lit up, and she grabbed the TNT from her. Lighting her hands, she ignited the TNT, throwing it towards the monsters.

The mobs were blown to pieces. "Come'on, there's nothing here, let's go," Astra said, starting to turn.

"Wait!" Alex shouted. She pointed towards the giant hole in the ground. "What's that?"

All four of them looked towards the hole, expecting to see dirt or stone. But instead, they saw the black-purple color of obsidian.

"Obsidian?" Astra wondered. "I knew his base was somewhere around here!"

They dropped down, and started to mine the obsidian. It was layered, and they dug through about six layers when it opened up. They were about to dropped in, when they heard other people calling them.

"Steve?! Alex?!"

"Astra?!"

"Erin?!"

"I'm gonna go get some food," Griffin said suddenly, walking out of the room.

"I think I'll get something too for the rest of us," Kitsune said, following her out.

I thought it was strange, but focused back on the orb.

"Epona? Aquila? Onyx? We're over here!" Steve shouted, sending a trail of purple sparks into the air.