Chapter 5: Run

Sorry there was no update last week. I finally got my Chromebook back though! Here's the next chapter!

Jess's POV.

We held a vote, and decided to explore the mesa biome, because it was "a really cool biome" as my brother quoted. We explored for a while, admiring the red sand and clay making up the biome.

Jesse held out the amulet. However, the once shining black was now dull. And the gold pieces hadn't flickered once. "I wonder if this is even the right world."

After a while of walking, I noticed the path led to led to a huge ravine. However, we wouldn't come to it anytime soon, so we were safe. Suddenly, Petra tensed. "Someone's coming! Hide!" We all jumped behind some sand dunes.

A man walked out of the blue. I barely managed to stifle a gasp: it was Herobrine! His glowing eyes shone brightly, even though it was still daytime. He slowed down slightly, looking around, and stopped. "I know you're there."

Lukas's POV.

When Petra told us to hide, I dove into a nearby sand dune, trying to burrow into the sand without suffocating I was shocked to see Herobrine, and even more shocked that he had known we were there. However, I decided to stay in my spot. And it seemed like the others had done the same thing.

"Hmmmm...should I prove it to you instead?" he smirked, and teleported behind me, catching me off guard and grabbing me. I shrieked, and everybody jumped out of their hiding spots.

"LUKAS!!" Jess yelled.

Herobrine held up a blaze rod and held it against my throat. Usually, I would've laughed, but this was Herobrine.  "One move, and he gets it," Herobrine snarled, bring the rod closer. Jess froze.

"Don't. You. Dare." Jess said, her eyes narrowing in that cute way... Stop it Lukas! You're about to get killed here and all you're thinking about is how cute Jess is!

Then something hit me on the back of my head, and everything went black.

Jess's POV.

I accidently twitched my foot, and watched and Herobrine hit Lukas. Hard.

"YOU MONSTER!!!!" I yelled, and leapt in with my sword drawn, the others following suit. Herobrine casually flicked his blaze rod towards us, and we all went flying backwards. "Ow......" I winced as I landed hard on my leg. It was starting to hurt. Herobrine dropped Lukas, still unconscious, and lunged toward me. Around us, monsters began to spawn, preventing my friends from aiding me. He teleported behind me and swung his blade, which I barely managed to deflect. Still, it sent me sprawling backwards. I could also see my friends tiring, and we were slowly being pushed back. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Lukas on the ground, Olivia trying to revive him as Axel blasted the mobs with TNT, and Jesse and Petra both trying to fight their way through a horde of zombie, creepers, spiders, and even some endermen.

"This is the end!" Herobrine yelled as I flew backwards again. I saw him above me, and then everything went black.

Jesse's POV.

The mobs were all closing in on us, when suddenly, they slowed down, and I saw Herobrine knock out my sister. "JESS!!!" I yelled. Herobrine grabbed her, knocked Olivia aside, grabbed Lukas, and teleported away.

With Herobrine gone, the mobs turned back to normal. Which, unfortunately, still meant they were all going for us. And there were still a horde of them. "Crap..." Petra and I drew out our swords, Olivia her bow, and Axel brought out his TNT. We sliced down the mobs in front of us, but more kept coming. Suddenly, I saw a blur of gold and black, and two creatures landed in front of us.

"A griffin and a kitsune?!" Olivia shouted in surprise.

The griffin was gold and had piercing blue eyes. The kitsune had black fur that faded to white paws. They turned to look at us, then lept into the fray of monsters, slicing straight through them.

"Could Griffin and Kitsune have sent them for us?" Petra wondered out loud.

I pulled out the amulet. This time, I noticed that both colors were glowing brightly, but only on one side. I turned it a different direction, and the colors changed to light up the same side.

"It must be able to track them by direction!" Olivia said. The front pieces suddenly stopped glowing, and the side pieces lit up.

"After them!" Petra yelled. We all ran, following the lights.

*****Time skip***************************************************

Petra's POV.

After a while of running, we reached a steep ravine in the ground. The bottom was barely visible. As I looked for a way down, I noticed that the walls were made up of red sand with clay in between "The colors point down there," Jesse said, pointing the amulet down the ravine. Indeed, the colors seemed to glow more brightly into the dark area.

Axel leaned over the edge, and the sand started to shift underneath his weight. "Axel! Look out!" Olivia yelled as it fell away completely. I turned away, not wanting to see him fall, but it never came.

"Huh?" Axel looked down to see he was standing on air. "Wait, why am I just standing here?"

"Maybe there's some sort of hidden code," Jesse suggested, pocketing the amulet.

I glanced down, and something clicked. "Hmmm...so if I'm right," I wondered out loud, and jumped, aiming for a certain spot.

"Petra! What–" he cut off as I neatly landed on another invisible block, as I had figured. The pieces of clay on the wall formed invisible bars that a person could walk across. I explained to the others, and soon enough, we were all leaping from bar to bar, tracking them.

Jesse stopped jumping. "Here." he pulled out the amulet, and when he held it up to one point, all four points began to glow.

I pulled out a iron shovel and started to dig through the clay, but only managed one block before it broke. "What? I thought it was just about new. Um...anybody got another shovel?"

Jesse pulled out his own shovel and struck the wall again, but just like last time, it broke as after he dug one block. "Huh?"

"Maybe it's enchanted to break a tool if it tries to break the wall," Olivia suggested.

"Well, anyways, we can walk in now," Axel pointed out.

I took a deep breath, and we all walked in.  

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griffinᾧ