Chapter 42: Caught

Jess's POV.

I glanced at the block, the enchantment glow faintly rippling across its surface, giving it a light purple sheen.

"So, now we need to find Herobrine," I stated, starting to head towards the iron door. There was a grunt from a pigmen from the other side that startled me, and I peered out the door, suddenly realizing that a horde of mobs had gathered outside the door. "Umm...guys? I think we have a problem."

By now, everyone had started to crowd around the door, trying to get a glimpse outside.

"So, now what?" Jesse asked.

A pigman made its way to the front of the the crowd, and I stepped back in shock and horror. Its eyes were glowing white, just like Herobrines. It opened its mouth, and instead of a grunt, a throaty voice rasped, "I know you are here. Surrender the Animals to me now, and I won't kill you all."

"Don't listen to him," Jesse whispered.

"But he might be telling the truth," I whispered back.

"After everything you've seen, you still think he's going to let us all go?" Petra hissed.

"He wants us," Griffin said quietly. "The mythical creatures. The rest of you are probably of no concern to him."

"Make up your mind. I'm not going to keep waiting..." And to accent his words, the mobs started to pound on the door.

"What do we do?!" River said frantically. A dent appeared in the iron door.

"We can fight off just mobs!" Axel said.

"What if Herobrine intercepts?" Olivia countered.

"Yeah, I don't trust any deal he makes, no matter what," Jesse agreed.

The iron door broke. "Too long." You could practically hear the smirk in the pigman's voice. Mobs poured into the room.

Everyone drew out their weapons, and immediately started hacking and slashing away at mobs. These mobs seemed to be buffed, though, and it took more than three hits to dispel them.

Axel threw a piece of TNT, and it exploded, also blowing up a few of the chests, sending enchantment books flying everywhere. Alex held the enchanted invisible block tightly–the last thing we wanted was to lose an invisible block in a book filled with stuff. Even the purple shimmer would blend it in with the rest of the glowing books.

Ashio and River stood back to back, River using her axe to hack away at any nearby mobs, while Ashio used a bow and arrows to snipe away further ones. Rush and Ruby worked together as well, with the same style, except Rush was using her enchanted iron sword. Since the Nether mobs were immune to fire, Ruby's fire would do nothing to them, so she used her bow.

Morgan and Purple were trapped in a corner, but they seemed to be doing okay. I saw Morgan hand Purple some TNT and a flint and steel, and it was followed by an explosion and more books flying in different directions.

Petra #2 was with Mizuko, and they both used their swords in a sweeping arc, knocking back any mobs that wandered too close.

Celestia was on her own, but her own longsword gave her extra reach, and she was back to back with the wall. A single semicircle swing would effectively knock away all the nearby mobs, and then it was just rinse and repeat until they died.

Steve, Alex, Griffin, and Kitsune fought through all the mobs at the doors, trying to block up the entrance. However, mobs kept pouring through the broken doorway, and there didn't seem to be an end to the horde of mobs. For every mob they cut down, more kept coming.

Since the room was pretty large and open, the mobs had no trouble filling it up. Jesse and I stood back to back, and tried our hardest to kill all the mobs within five blocks of us. While the fire from my sword didn't affect them, the blade was still sharp, and was more than enough to injure mobs. Jesse swung his sword, sending shots of energy flying into the mobs.

I did notice the extra strength the mobs had, and I also wondered if Herobrine was indirectly controlling all of them. That's when a flash of white caught my eye, and I suddenly saw the pigmen that Herobrine spoke out of. It held a golden enchanted sword that I hadn't noticed before, and it was heading right for Mizuko and Petra #2, who were beginning to be completely swamped by mobs. Before I could shout out a warning, it lunged, cutting through the mobs with ease.

"Petra #2! Mizuko! WATCH OUT!" Morgan yelled, as she aimed a piece of ignited TNT, and threw it at the surrounding mobs. But the white-eyed pigman was too fast, and it dodged the TNT, it's sword starting to come down on Petra #2...

And Mizuko jumped in front of her, taking the blow. The sword sliced cleanly, straight through, and she fell to the ground, at half a heart.

"MIZUKO!" Petra #2 whirled around...as the pigman stabbed her once more, and she poofed into inventory, as it scattered all over the floor. It looked up, and from where I was standing, I could've sworn it had a smirk on its face.

By now, everyone else had heard Petra #2's shout, and seen Mizuko's inventory on the ground. Jesse's face was wide in shock, and I was horrified, barely managing to dodge the swipe from a nearby wither skeleton. I quickly stabbed it through, luckily killing in in one shot, before starting to fight through the mobs to get to Petra #2, who was staring at the pile of inventory in horror.

The rest of the groups did the same, trying to simply run through the mobs to get to the pile of inventory on the ground. We ended up in a large group in the room, surrounded by mobs.

"Wait!" I called out, as everyone prepared to attack again. "We'll come with you! Just don't hurt anyone else."

RIP Mizuko (cwistinewings) Although she's a irl friend so I guess you already knew.....  Anyways, there might not be a chapter up next week due to an annoying Chinese school teacher....(read below this if you want to know more) and a math project I have to finish.  I'll try to get the next chapter done, but we'll see.
~Griff Out!ᾦ

*****So basically, our Chinese School teacher NEVER tells us what hw is due when.  There's 7 different lessons, and each lesson is separated into four sections of hw.  Usually, we would do one section a week, which is three pages, front and back (chinese school is once a week on saturdays).  The problem is, we had a week off last last week, and last week was a chinese new year performance, and none of us did the homework for lesson 2.  And then the last class, the teacher was like: "OK GUYS YOU HAVE TO FINISH ALL OF LESSON TWO BY NEXT WEEK!"  So now I have 12 pages of chinese hw, front and back, which I have to get done by Saturday.