Chapter 49: Aftermath

Third Person POV.

They landed once more outside their base, surrounded by sand.

"Whew, it's good to be back," Jess sighed, flopping down on the grainy red ground.

"And Herobrine's trapped away," Alex said, taking out the block from her inventory. A purple sheen rippled across the surface, and they could almost imagine Herobrine trapped inside, struggling to get out. "Now to get rid of it."

"Well, the chasm's right there." Griffin pointed to the dark gaping crevasse in the ground.

"So, do we just...drop it in, then?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Kitsune nodded. Alex handed the block to Jesse. Everyone gathered near the edge of the abyss, looking down into the darkness.

Jesse let the block go. It gleamed in the darkness, lighting up the blackness of the chasm just a little bit. It fell into the endless gloom of the abyss, until the light was no longer visible.

"Well...that was kinda anticlimactic," Celestia commented. "I was almost expecting something to go wrong."

"It's gone," Jesse said, breaking the silence. "It's gone!"

Jess let out a cheer.

"So, what happens to your powers?" River suddenly asked.

"Well, it seems like we can still use them," Jess summoned a flicker of flame into her palm.

Griffin summoned up her avatar. "And it seems like we can still do this."

"But I can't really feel the mythical creature's powers inside us anymore. It's like they just left a remnant of their power with us, and returned back to...wherever they came from," Celestia pondered thoughtfully. She fingered her neck, where her necklace once was.

"That's what happened to us too, a long time ago," Steve said. "When we gave up their powers, before Herobrine captured us again. We still had the power, it just wasn't as strong as before."

"So what do we do with it now? Should we return back to our world with it?" Jesse asked.

"It's hard to think that this adventure all started with us chasing Ivor into Crown Mesa..." Jess mused.

"And you're our descendants. I wonder how far along the timeline you are in relation to us," Alex wondered.

"Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about that!" Jess replied. "You two are immortal, right? What are you going to do now?"

"Honestly, we don't know. Probably look for more hidden worlds, wander, and just go along with whatever happens." Steve shrugged.

"Who knows, maybe we'll cross paths sometime," Alex commented.

"Well, then I guess we should really head back to our world..." Lukas started.

"Are you kidding me? We have to have a celebration!" Morgan shouted suddenly, causing them all to jump. "We defeated Herobrine! Let's have a feast!"

"Well, I can't say that's a bad idea..." Ashio nodded.

"I second that." River raised her hand.

"Let's do it!" They headed into the base.

Yeah, I know this is a short chapter, but I figured I should split the celebration and the aftermath chapters. The next chapter is pretty short too, so I'm posting them both at once.
~Athenaᾦ