Chapter 50: Celebration

As they entered, there was a note stuck to the table:

We decided to leave for now, after sending everyone else back. We wanted to check on our own worlds, make sure everything's okay. If you need us, we'll be there.

~Harper and Isa

"Huh. Guess they left, then," Griffin commented. "How much food do we have left...?" A quick sweep of their chests showed that while there was substantially less than before, there was still plenty of food, enough for a party.

"Well, looks like we don't have to resupply until after this. We should split up jobs. A few of us should make the food, another few of us should set up the table and clean up the area, and we should all unpack our supplies as well," Alex said.

Everyone else agreed, as they agreed on their roles and split up. Everyone who was cooking and cleaning up the table gave all their unnecessary inventory to the others, who returned to their respective rooms to store away their items.

*****Time skip to when the food is done*****

"It's hard to believe you even have a shortage of food," River commented, looking at the food piled up on the table. They had just about every type possible food on there, from meats to vegetables to soups.

"There's also dessert still in the kitchen," Jess pointed. "We didn't have space for it on the table.

"Well, let's eat!" Petra #2 sat down in a chair, everyone else following suit.

For a while, everyone ate in silence, with the occasional burp or crunching sounds from the food. When the table was completely cleared, Ruby and Petra #2 left to get the dessert, while Axel, Olivia, Lukas, and Petra cleared off the empty dishes, depositing them in the kitchen sink.

"You know, when we first met River and Ashio, we had an entire food fight in their house," Rush commented.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was awesome," Morgan agreed.

"Although it was a huge mess," Ashio said. "Worth it, though."

"Well, here's the dessert!" Petra #2 called out, Ruby following behind her with plates of cookies, cake, and pie.

Axel practically drooled at the sight.

"Wow, that looks amazing!" Lukas grinned, swiping a cookie from the plate.

They set the food down on the table, as everyone dug into dessert.

"Hey, sis, can you–" Jesse was abruptly cut off by a cake to the face. Everyone went silent, watching the cake slide off, leaving a trail of icing.

"They gave me an idea," Jess smirked, picking up another slice of cake.

"FOOD FIGHT!"

And that's a wrap!  Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this book!
~Athenaᾦ

(next chapter is Thank You and upcoming stories)