Chapter 29: *the story progresses and I don't have a name for this chapter*

Jess's POV.

"So, uhhh, can we stand on these?" I asked, looking skeptically at the clouds. I mean, they looked steady, but these were clouds.

Griffin stepped off her pillar, wings wide open in case they didn't hold her. They puffed up a little as she stood, but other than that, they held. We gingerly stepped off after her.

"Woaaaah..." Lukas trailed off, looking ahead of us. I followed his gaze to see a giant floating castle above the cloud we were standing on, white pillars emerging from different clouds.

Suddenly, there was a zap! and we all whirled around, unsheathing our weapons, almost expecting Herobrine again. Instead, a carrot-haired woman, with a tattered light green tunic and ripped brown pants fell from the sky, landing onto the clouds with a poof. I winced. Well, at least she had a better landing. Griffin stepped forward cautiously, staff still out.

The woman stood up unsteadily, wobbling slightly on her feet. Griffin's eyes widened slightly, then narrowed. "What are you doing here?"

"Escaping Herobrine," she replied, brushing some strands of orange-hair out of her face.

"Wait, who even are you?" I asked. She didn't look like she could fight too well right now, although I wasn't going to take any chances.

She glanced slightly over at Griffin glaring at her, before sighing. "Alex." SHe said it so quietly I nearly missed it.

"ALEX?!" all of us, minus Griffin, shouted in surprise.

"Yeah...uhhh...long story," she muttered. Griffin raised an eyebrow.

"I can't believe you're actually alive!" Petra #2 said.

"Well, Herobrine captured Steve and I for a......actually I don't even know how long. Hard to tell time in a cell."

"So he did captured you then? How?" Griffin queried. She didn't seem very happy, but her voice held a note of curiosity.

"He managed to catch us off guard, and chained us with these power-restraining cuffs. Steve and I managed to break them off with some stuff lying around, and we teleported out," Alex explained.

"Stuff lying around?" Griffin said doubtfully. "Herobrine doesn't seem like the type of person to do that..."

"We broke out of the cell first, and then got our weapons and escaped," she elaborated.

"So, does that mean you know where the Phoenix is?" I asked Alex.

"Yes. Come on, before Herobrine finds us again. We teleported out just as he discovered us, so I don't know how long it'll take him to find us again." She started walking briskly.

I looked over at Griffin, who sighed and followed her. I wondered why she was so unhappy with Alex, but decided not to ask.

We followed Alex.

OCs

There was a burning sensation as they passed through the lava, then a icy feel as they plunged through cold water. They landed on hard stone floor.

"Owww..." Morgan shook out her feathers, a single singed feather floating to the ground.

"It was a good thing there was water underneath," Purple said in relief. "I thought I was a goner there. How did she even get the lava over the water without making stone?"

"Magic," River said cheerfully.

"Look! Another button!" Mizuko pointed, walking over to another stone button on the wall, pressing it. There was another sound of pistons, and they looked up to see through the water pistons closing under the lava.

"So that's what that button did!" Ashio said.

"Now what?" Rush interrupted. "I mean, it was nice we survived and all, but I don't see any exits." The others looked around, but besides the water above them they came from, there was no exit.

"Wait, do you hear something here?" Purple had her ear against the wall.

"It sounds like...redstone ticks?" River said in confusion. There was a pause of silence.

Tick...tick...tick......it stopped. Everyone looked at each other.

Then the ground opened beneath their feet.

Back at the base... (Like, the one that Harper and Isa and other survivors are in that I haven't mentioned since uhhh...chapter 18 or something ever since they set off)

"Hey everyone! Food's ready!" Harper called out. She was met with a chorus of "Finallys!", "I'm starvings!", and "FOOD!!!".

"Even with much less people left to serve, at this rate, we're going to eat clean their pantry," Isa remarked, sitting down with a piece of steak and a baked potato.

They had started sending as many people as they could home after they were better and more healed. Luckily, most were just malnourished, and after some food and water, they were fine. Out of about a hundred survivors, at least eighty-five had returned to their worlds. Although they didn't remember all the worlds, they did keep track of some, and most came in groups from the same ones.

"Well, at least they keep a farm here," Harper mentioned, taking a bite of her own food. The Blaze Rods were surprisingly good cooks, despite everything that had happened. Griffin and Kitsune did keep a farm with all the vegetables, but the meat was probably hunted or obtained some other way, and well, they were definitely going to need to restock soon.

Herobrine's POV...actually I'm going to write his perspective in third person cuz it's weird writing it in first.

Herobrine glared at the spot Steve had disappeared to. The fact that he had teleported away also probably meant that Alex was gone too. How?! How did they escape?! He thought in rage. They probably went to catch up with Griffin and Kitsune. Which means I could go pay them another visit. But then again, it would be more fun to...surprise...them when they returned. I have a good where their base is ever since Griffin disappeared, and I've been looking around that area. Let's send someone to pay them a visit, why don't we?

He turned on his heel and strode out of the room, taking note of the missing weapons as well. They probably took them with them.

He walked down the hall. Eventually, he reached a separate room. This room was more set apart from the others. It had an iron door with a lever on the outside. He flicked it, revealing a white-haired man with a purple suit, as well as a light-blue haired woman wearing black and red.

"Hadrian, Mevia, I have a task for you two." While I pay a visit to the other group.

Well, remember when I mentioned they betrayed them in the beginning few chapters? ...Actually the only reason I remembered that was because I reread my book...if you can't tell, I'm basically winging this story. I know how I want it to end, I just haven't really thought out the plot...Anyways, would anybody be interested in a Q&A? I've been thinking about doing it for a while, not just for this book, but for any other one as well, including Glitch, my Undertale book I'll be posting soon, or general questions about me. (Nothing too personal, like where I live or my real name or something like that). Comment down below if you're interested, and if there are enough people, then I'll make a separate chapter for the questions.
~Griff Out!ᾦ (i swear this is like the longest A/N I've ever written)