Chapter 6: Caught

Jess's POV.

I woke up to find my head ringing. "Ugh..." Suddenly all the events came back to me, and I sat up straight, causing a huge headache to throb. "Ow..." Lukas began to stir next to me, and I noticed that we were in a cell, chained to the wall. I glanced around as my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting.

That's when I realized that Lukas and I weren't the only ones there.

The cells around us were filled with people, and I was shocked to recognize some of them. Some were citizens from the worlds we had explored.

"Jesse? Lukas?" I looked next to me to see Harper and Isa sharing a cell adjacent to ours.

"Isa?! Harper?! What are you doing here?!" I was stunned.

"Same as you," Isa lifted her arm in disgust, and I saw a chain connecting her to the wall, just like me and Lukas. "I tried breaking them– it doesn't work."

"But why is Herobrine doing this?!" I exclaimed. "What does he get out of it?!"

"Who knows?" Harper said. "But if it's anything like before, then it's not good."

"Before?" Lukas questions, eyebrows raising.

Isa sighed. "You know the legend, right?"

I nodded. "More or less."

"Well, it was once a reality."

Both of us gasped. "What?!"

"Yeah......It's a long story," Harper said. "But the "Old Builders"–we really need to find another name for that– spent quite some time fighting him and holding him off...until two of them turned tail and betrayed us to the enemy." She spoke the last part in hatred.

"What?!" Lukas interrupted. "Who?"

Both looked hesitant to tell. "Anyways," Harper continued. "We spent some time battling, and another two of us, Griffin and Kitsune, the ones I told you about, hopped through a few portals, and eventually found him in a world. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was yours. They took the Command Block with them, saying they could trap him in it. They stayed there for quite some time."

Isa continued. "When they came back, they told us that they managed to trap him in the Command Block and he was gone. So, yeah, that's pretty much it. How he escaped, I don't know."

Lukas and I exchanged an uneasy glance. "Ummmmm.........is there any chance that he could have uh, escaped if the Block was destroyed?" I asked.

"Maybe. Actually, probably, yeah. If the block was broken, he would probably have escaped, and anything done before with the block to hold or suppress something would probably also be undone. Why?" Harper asked us.

Well. That probably explained it. "Well......... ummm......... uhhhh......" How were we supposed to explain that we– well, my brother and I–were the ones that destroyed the Command Block to save our world? "Jesse and I, umm...kinda...uhhh...destroyed it to save our world?"

"WHAT!!" Both of them yelled simultaneously. The sound echoed across the room.

"Yeah........." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Well, that would explain it," Isa muttered.

"But why did you tell us to find Kitsune and Griffin?" I asked.

"Looks like we have a long explanation ahead of us," Isa sighed.

Jesse's POV.

The base opened up into a wide area with a few passageways.

"Let's explore!" Axel said.

There didn't seem like much, and I wondered if Griffin an Kitsune lived here, but we explored for awhile, when I suddenly heard Olivia muffled voice coming back from the area we entered.

"Jesse? We sound something you might want to see."

I followed her voice to the back of the area we had entered. In the back laid a small table with a glass orb floating above it. Everyone else had already gathered there.

"Yeah, what's so special about it?" Petra said.

"Well, how do you explain it? It can......see things?" Axel tried to explain.

"It's better if you see for yourself," Olivia said, noticing our confusing faces.

I looked into the reflective surface, and saw...............

Reuben.

And......

The Witherstorm?

And all of us as well.

"Wait a minute, isn't this when we were fighting the Witherstorm?" I said, confused. I watched as we built the rocket minecart, and as Reuben leapt into it, sending us three all into the Storm. I watched as Reuben fell down the hole, and both me and my sister hit the Command Block, then as it exploded, and we both fell down.

"Please don't tell me......" I trailed off as I watched myself and Jess walk over to the dead Reuben. "No!" I said as I watched once more Reuben close his eyes and drop limply to the floor. Then the glass ball went back to normal.

"Whoa," Petra said from behind me.

"That's......awesome," Axel said.

Olivia's POV.

While we were all contemplating how it was possible for the orb to show the past, I thought I felt a light breeze hit me in the back, and stiffened. From Axel's reaction, I could tell he had felt it too. I felt something grab me from behind, and called out to Jesse, but only managed to yell out his name before I blacked out.

Petra's POV.

We looked at the orb for a minute, but I snapped out my daze when I heard Olivia yell, "Jesse!" before collapsing to the ground, Axel following. I looked around the room, before calling, "Who's there?!"

"That was me," an unfamiliar voice called out, stepping out from the shadows, Kitsune (by now which we had assumed) following her out.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled.

"I think we should be asking you that," she said. "You are trespassing, after all. We're just showing you what happens when you do."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! OCs are still welcome if you want it in this story, just comment on the OC page before this chapter. I will announce the deadline soon, but right now you can still submit OCs. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griffinᾦ